In a BIG Stock Market come up:

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps
What Would You Do?

Lets say Monday Morning Pre-Market, Your largest holding announces an immediate Buyout. That Buyout would net you $1.5 Million. At 9:30 when the Market opens, that company is removed from your portfolio and is replaced with the $1.5 Million.

What are your short and long term plans/ideas? (And lets say you have held this stock for at least 1 year, so youll be getting hit with a 20% tax)

Plans for the 1st few weeks to a month?

You calling up your tax man, financial advisor, planner?

Staying at your current job? Leaving, but planning on finding another job soon? Or are planning a long term and/or permanent retirement?

Then, over the next few months?

What are 2-3 companies you would want to put some of that money in?

Are you going into Real Estate? Are you opening your own business? Or are you doing a mix of all 3?

What % of debt are you paying off? You going debt free ASAP, or are you going to pay debt off here?

What % would you keep liquid?

Now, 6 months to a year?

Whats something you would plan on blowing money on, that you otherwise couldn't?

Any BIG/ Expensive vacation you would want to take?

Any hobby, or hobbies you plan on picking up, that you couldn't before?

Long Term:

What would be your plan to flip that into generation wealth?

Add whatever you guys want to the scenario.

@funkee , @Tug life , @winb83

funkee

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Houston, TX
not sure what i'd do, i'll have to come back to this. at the very least i'd say 1.5M is not enough for me to want to retire. i'd have to be closer to 3-5M to either fully retire or work maybe 1 week a month.

Tug life

I stay fly like a guillemot
Daps
Reppin
Harlem World
I've thought about this scenario before, if I made a substantial amount of money in the market what would I do. I have a fear of good things going horribly wrong so I wouldn't quit my job until the money hits my bank account

For things first is set aside the money I'd owe for taxes, at 20% that's 300k then I'm taking my family on a 3 week vacation. Gotta enjoy life with the people you love with the best the world has to offer. While im on vacation I'd connect with a lawyer and accountants.

I'd reinvest 300k in the market leaving me with 900k. I'll try to invest in real estate with about 300k. Cop a Tesla model S and I'd live downtown Manhattan. I'd put another 150k into building my own business. I'd basically be a investor/business owner

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps

. I'd put another 150k into building my own business. I'd basically be a investor/business owner

Would your business its own separate thing, or are you talking about using your business to invest in other businesses like a Venture Capitalist Firm?