In Defence of Melancholy...

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't think I understand this.

Why does the video appear to make the case that melancholy is some philosophy of life, rather than just another mark on the spectrum of human emotion?

Captain

Save a thought
Daps
Reppin
Ethiopia

Why does the video appear to make the case that melancholy is some philosophy of life, rather than just another mark on the spectrum of human emotion?

It's usually been seen as negative and something to avoid, the clip just shines a light on it and calls attention to its benefits; insight and exposing Dis-Ease

tmonster

Superstar
Daps

it is presumptuous and seems to champion passivity in the face oppression

tmonster

Superstar
Daps
It's usually been seen as negative and something to avoid, the clip just shines a light on it and calls attention to its benefits; insight and exposing Dis-Ease
I've never looked at it negatively, my episodes of melancholie are always tinged with a certain existential euphoria, because they tend to be associated with almost meditative level mental states of deep thought, that divorce my mind from pedestrian concerns or often, the types that are more fleeting diaphanous spells are always imbued with a, quite desirable, delightful sense of nostalgia; which I always wish would last longer and long enough to be subject to cognizant meta-analysis.

Last edited: