In hindsight KD making deep Western Conference runs with Yung Sabo is incredible

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
The only revisioning going on is by Bron fans tbh. Can you at least acknowledge there's a difference between getting through the east vs the west? As well as the talent distribution in the east during lebrons run?

The Thunder were the favorites but young teams do not win rings. That's a testament to just how great KD was. Dude was so good in 2012 people threw away years of history that point to young teams not winning because they knew dude was different. Before the finals it was KD getting the "If KD wins, will he be the next MJ" talks. Do you know how good you have to be at 23 for your team to be the favorite against a prime Lebron, Wade and Bosh?

The youth is what got them in the end. Stage was too big for russell and Harden. KD went off. Russell went on to have what Magic said "was the worst game he has ever seen from a point guard" .
Breh KD was great. However, those early years we cant give him all the credit and overlook him having Russ emerging as a superstar, Ibaka playing elite defense and Harden being 6th man worthy.

Again KD was GREAT. However, the gap between him and LeBron was clear. His impact just wasnt the same. Kudos to KD rounding out his entire game years later.....and having the perfect system and superstar next to him.

Now if he does it with Kyrie? Get them to the finals, etc etc. The cumulative effect will have me look on things differently and maybe I'll have to side with you on that.

However, imo I just gotta see it.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Westbrook has gotten progressively worse since his mvp season, I actually think that season took a lot of mileage out on his body. Carrying a squad 35+ mpg as a #1 option isn't good for your body as a pg.

If both was healthy in their respective prime years 2013-2017 they would have eventually won a title imo or at least competed for finals. Injuries did them both in.

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Breh KD was great. However, those early years we cant give him all the credit and overlook him having Russ emerging as a superstar, Ibaka playing elite defense and Harden being 6th man worthy.

Again KD was GREAT. However, the gap between him and LeBron was clear. His impact just wasnt the same. Kudos to KD rounding out his entire game years later.....and having the perfect system and superstar next to him.

Now if he does it with Kyrie? Get them to the finals, etc etc. The cumulative effect will have me look on things differently and maybe I'll have to side with you on that.

However, imo I just gotta see it.
But we can overlook lebron having, not emerging superstars, but a bonafide MVP cailber wade, and a perennial allstar Bosh in a clearly less talented conference? That's why this conversation annoys me. How is that fair?

Jordan>>LeFrozen

It was written in the Bible
Daps
Reppin
NYC
First off I corrected myself and focused on just that year (2017). So why the long response to some shyt I clearly shifted my focus on?

However, yes Steph WAS MVP worthy in 2018 breh.

He was the best player for the Warriors in games 1, 2, and 4. That is an absolute fact. HIs shytty performance in game 3 and an all time great performance from KD cost him the award.
All the while KD was giving up 35/10/8 to Bron.

Curry legit had an argument for that MVP series.

cause it came across as you moving the goal post and if he was only better than KD in 2017 playoffs, how does that serve to prove your overall point about Steph being better? :dahell: That’s like me, a Kobe Stan, using some series in 2001 to prove Kobe was better than Shaq then:dahell:

also, KD was better in almost every metric that 2018 series

KD-28/10/5.7/2.7/0.3/0.9 46/39/88 (59% TS EFG 58% TS,129 ORTG, 104 DRtG)

Steph- 25/6/5/1.7/0.9 46/36/85(56% TS EFG 52 111 ORTG, 109 DRTG)

Also Steph stat padded his game 4. Nikka you think we forgot trying to throw that game in. KD had a triple double that game Btw.

Also you bringing up what Lebron did to KD
:dead:
first of all, that same Lebron did this to the Steph led warriors
LeBron_1st.png

Which is why they ran and got KD:dead:

And never mind Kyrie outperforming Steph one on one including.
tenor.gif

The unanimous MVP gave up 27 PPG...matter a fact he wasn’t even guarding Kyrie half the time, Klay was :mjlol:

listen I fukk with Steph, I just made a thread giving Steph props for his gravity with KD, but nowhere was that nikka better than Steph those years they were together.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
I'm still upset about them blowing a 3-1 lead against the Warriors

Game 6 and 7 were absolute travesties
Game 6 and 7 was bad but watching it i see how they lost, warriors wore them out throughout the series thunder was playing a 6 man rotation basically and was winning off of players playing out of their mind. Guys like dion being effective ( lol) and Roberson hitting open 3s is what helped them without any depth. Draymond playing free safety and klay going off when Roberson got in some bs foul trouble in game 6 changed the series for them. We had way too many one way players and a very trash bench. Kanter bum ass played 80 minutes that series completely useless. I think we win that series if we ran it back with oladipo

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Bro look at how far back you have to go to try to find an equivalent :dead:. Yes they were kids. Going that far with your top 3 players being 23 and younger was completely unprecedented

Bro those “kids” were fukking KD, Russ, and Harden. Even if they weren’t where they are now there’s a reason they stomped on nikkas in the west even at that age. Come the fukk on

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Bro those “kids” were fukking KD, Russ, and Harden. Even if they weren’t where they are now there’s a reason they stomped on nikkas in the west even at that age. Come the fukk on
What is the hardest thing for a young player to do? Be consistent. They had the talent but they werent ready for Wade, Bron and Bosh. That was a different level of talent. Only player on that team ready for that was KD. Russ and harden folded. Honestly if that series was reffed appropriately we'd probably be having a different convo too but that's neither here nor there

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
Ah so they were kids now when Wade was about 80% ( was having knee issues against the Pacers) Bosh was coming off the bench in game 1 and they just went 7 games against an older Celtics team :unimpressed:

Those same kids had just slaughtered the Spurs 4 straight games. :hubie:

When has a young team ever won in the modern era? It's why people say you have to learn how to win, almost every squad has to experience playoff failures before they make the leap. That Thunder squad was a year or two ahead of schedule

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
But we can overlook lebron having, not emerging superstars, a bonafide MVP cailber wade, and a perennial allstar Bosh in clearly less talented conference? That's why this conversation annoys me. How is that fair?
Yes HE had that.

However, there is something you're overlooking. The Heat were not what we all thought they'd be. They never really matched what they were on paper. By the time the Heat won their 1st championship Wade was on the decline.

Bron's squad was stacked no doubt. I've told you before LeBron had every intention on his team being dominant as the KD Warriors. He had every intention on it being easy as hell. I admit that.

For me at least, if it would have been that easy then I think Bron's legacy would have a taken a hit (or not grown as much as it did) However, it was clear Wade wasnt what he use to be and Bosh suffered the most by being a 3rd wheel. That lack of offensive cohesion is why they had issues in the playoffs.

In OKC that team had enough to win in 2012.

By 2013 Russ was clearly better than Wade and eventually Kyrie.

In GS everything flowed perfectly.

KD chose wisely.

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby

What's hard to understand, that was a Baby Big 3 going against a grown man Big 3. Bron, Wade and Bosh had all been the man on their own teams

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Shhhh

We can’t talk about that because it doesn’t serve various Coli narratives.

He was mind-blowingly awful in game 6, didn't he shoot like 12-30 or something? Russ got shyt on and rightfully so, but KD was just as bad in a game they really should've won.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
When has a young team ever won in the modern era? It's why people say you have to learn how to win, almost every squad has to experience playoff failures before they make the leap. That Thunder squad was a year or two ahead of schedule
No they werent.

They had just went to the WCF the year before.

And why has no team won in the modern era?

Because no team drafted THREE STRAIGHT MVP caliber players. They were the exception. That title was there for the taking.

They had enough to win.