Daps
Reppin
They see me trolling, they hating.....
51FE1S07BPL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0219857/

Uncle Trill

Hendrix 3:16
Daps
It should have been an unknown actor so we felt like we were watching Ali and not 'Denzel as Ali' or 'Will as Ali'

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
I don't know why people get so caught up in the actor having to look identical to whoever they're playing.

Yes, you have to have some resemblance but more important than anything else is the performance. Save all of the other bullshiit for an impersonation contest.

Looks at Anthony Hopkins in Oliver Stone's Nixon. He barely resembled Nixon at all. But the performance was so strong it didn't matter. The key thing is being able to capture the essence of the person, and I think Will did that with Ali, at least as well as any other actor in Hollywood could've.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Movie could've been directed WAY better...simple shyt like the score of the movie could make or break it...they fukked up by not having an ALL old school score imo..it was just a lot of poor directing choices..

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
I don't know why people get so caught up in the actor having to look identical to whoever they're playing.

Yes, you have to have some resemblance but more important than anything else is the performance. Save all of the other bullshiit for an impersonation contest.

Looks at Anthony Hopkins in Oliver Stone's Nixon. He barely resembled Nixon at all. But the performance was so strong it didn't matter. The key thing is being able to capture the essence of the person, and I think Will did that with Ali, at least as well as any other actor in Hollywood could've.

Disagree. Like I said, it came off as if he was trying to make fun of Ali rather than actually mimick him acurately. I don't know who they could have cast as Ali who looked like him. There is someone out there who could sound and look like him but we may not know who that is because hollywood isn't exactly friendly to black actors and they have to struggle to find work but I think Cuba Gooding Junior at least had the right voice for Ali. Its a shame that Denzel was too old because he could also have given the perfect performance.

I hope that in the future someone will take another shot at it and do a proper job, but with this current crop of black actors we may be waiting a long time. I can't think of many promising black talents that are under 40 other than Anthony Mackie.

I haven't even seen the TV movie starring Terrence Howard but I won't knock it until I watch it. Actors have surprised me before. I groaned when heath ledger was cast as joker until I saw the Dark knight. Came out of the theater like :ohmy: