In the 80s why high top fades weren't popular in LA

NolivesMatters

involuntary celibate since 2006
Daps
Reppin
College is overrated sell dope instead
Looking back at old pictures & yearbooks during the 80s of LA, you rarely saw somebody rocking a high top fade. But Jheri Curls, fingerwaves, perms & low cut fades was in. Even gangbanging dudes were rocking perms & jheri curls.

12555868_953020638124180_1305291963_n.jpg

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
"The Locker Room: Where we hate Whites, Mexicans, Africans, Carribeans & Black Women. But dont call us the black st0rmfr0nt tho"

:mjpls:

Well, TLR is only a subsection of the Coli as a whole. Whereas on stornfront, White supremacy is kiiiiiiiiiinda their shtick as a whole website.

:manny:

In regards to your question, I noticed the samething. It seems like the West coast weren't into the trends that the rest of black America was into. Even when you listen to Dr.Dre's Let Me Ride, he says:

"Just another day so let me begin like this, no Medallions dreadlocks or blackfist. It's just that gangsta glare, with gangsta raps, that gangsta ish, makes a gang of snaps"

When the rest of hip hop was on that brand Nubian wave, in terms of fashion/accessories/hairstyles, the west coast stayed West coast.