In What Way does Lebron Make his Teammates Better?

SAINT

All $ IN
Supporter
Daps
I'll preface this by saying, this is not a hate thread, so relax little Bronies and calm your :angry:.

I was watching

And Shannon started it by mentioning how much better Lebron makes his teammates. Now, can someone break this down for me? I mean let's think about this. Two teams:

1. Rajon Rondo
2. Andre Roberson
3. LBJ
4. Joakim Noah
5. Dwight Howard

Or

1. Rajon Rondo
2. Andre Roberson
3. KD
4. Joakim Noah
5. Dwight Howard

Are we seriously going to act like Lebron makes this team better than KD? You can fit KD in any roster, however you can't do the same with Bron, right? Or am I wrong and the analytics say otherwise?

Last edited:

thewarrior05

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'll preface this by saying, this is not a hate thread, so relax little Bronies and calm your :angry:.

I was watching
And Shannon started it by mentioning how much better Lebron makes his teammates. Now, can someone break this down for me? I mean let's think about this. Two teams:
1. Rajon Rondo
2. Andre Roberson
3. LBJ
4. Joakim Noah
5. Dwight Howard

Or

1. Rajon Rondo
2. Andre Roberson
3. KD
4. Joakim Noah
5. Dwight Howard

Are we seriously going to act like Lebron makes this team better than KD? You can fit KD in any roster, however you can't do the same with Bron, right? Or am I wrong and the analytics say otherwise?

This is an intresting point

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Essentially he covers up defensive lapses for pretty much all of his teammates (not so much last couple years though). Offensively everyone is wide open because of the attention he draws so spot up shooters get to :eat: real nicely with him. He makes mediocre players look good and can carry them.

If you are a great player yourself and ball dominant though you'll have to fall back playing with him. Which in reality is for the better anyway, because Cleveland gets a lot further with LeBron dominating the rock than Kyrie or Love.

G-Zeus

G-Zeus Chrystler...the brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Brehsident evil

I was watching

1. Rajon Rondo
2. Andre Roberson
3. LBJ
4. Joakim Noah
5. Dwight Howard

Or

1. Rajon Rondo
2. Andre Roberson
3. KD
4. Joakim Noah
5. Dwight Howard

LeBron definitely make the teamates better than kD on this group..many will be left open to take comfortable shots...that raises ur fg %

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
You can't make your teammates better all you can do is change their role by drawing attention and hope they can hit a shot when you pass them the ball.
Making so and so better is the biggest crock of horse shyt talking point espn and basketball writers invented to give themselves empty talking points and like dummies who can't think for themselves people bought in.

Bilz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles

I was watching

1. Rajon Rondo
2. Andre Roberson
3. LBJ
4. Joakim Noah
5. Dwight Howard

Or

1. Rajon Rondo
2. Andre Roberson
3. KD
4. Joakim Noah
5. Dwight Howard

Well these hypothetical teams you're surrounding them with have zero shooting or spacing. And Durant was inserted in this conversation like he's some scrub :dahell:

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
You can't make your teammates better all you can do is change their role by drawing attention and hope they can hit a shot when you pass them the ball.
Making so and so better is the biggest crock of horse shyt talking point espn and basketball writers invented to give themselves empty talking points and like dummies who can't think for themselves people bought in.

I can't agree with that. Players need to have roles and that what LeBron does to them. Otherwise you have players like JR Smith thinking he Kobe and causing a bunch of turnovers and shyt. Every player has to have a role for the team to work (unless you get by on pure talent like the Warriors and Heat in 2010).

SAINT

All $ IN
Supporter
Daps
Well these hypothetical teams you're surrounding them with have zero shooting or spacing. And Durant was inserted in this conversation like he's some scrub :dahell:

That is the point. Again, Bron makes everyone around him better, correct? which is one of the main things that separates him from KD, correct? My argument is simple, if the gap between LBJ and KD is as big as some say then Lebron would have no issues fitting In with this team better than KD.

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
Bron is a system all in himself, anyone that plays with him will depend on LeBron to dominate the ball. Technically you can say that makes his teammates"better" because there is some success to be had playing in the Bron system if u can adapt to it.

KDs game is a lot more versatile in how he can move without the ball and stretch the floor because he can basically score from anywhere. U can insert KD into any system really, u cant say the same thing for Bron.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
That is the point. Again, Bron makes everyone around him better, correct? which is one of the main things that separates him from KD, correct? My argument is simple, if the gap between LBJ and KD is as big as some say then Lebron would have no issues fitting In with this team better than KD.
When has KD been to a finals with a bunch of role players?

LeBron can cover a variety of roles on the court and does so very well. That allows other players to fit better in their natural roles and the teams still find success.

SAINT

All $ IN
Supporter
Daps
LeBron definitely make the teamates better than kD on this group..many will be left open to take comfortable shots...that raises ur fg %

You don't think KD puts them in that same position? KD can also draw the Defense farther out, can open up the lane for Dwight in this instance.