Inside the NBA: Wemby's statline doesn't matter as much if he doesn't lead the Spurs to win games

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps

5:45

- "The comparison between Lebron and Wemby's rookie seasons. Lebron played well. I would love to see a comparison of their Win-Loss records for their teams"
- "If we are talking about what you do your rookie year, Carmelo came out of college and took his team to the playoffs as a rookie"
- "For Wemby, the measurement is not going to be on his Stats. Having a winning team is going to dictate our assessment of him"
- "In the games he is playing, they don't have any significance, and you can get numbers even in garbage time. It makes it easier because everyone has taken their foot off of the gas"

They have a point :manny:

Can't make declarations on Wemby "dominating the league in a few years" until we see him actually lead his team to playoff success. What are we really celebrating at this point

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
to be fair, spurs are two completely different teams when wemby is on and off the court.

on the court, they are a playoff team.

I dont know if Pop is doing any coaching at his age which is the problem.

Need to bring in Becky Hamon as an eventual replacement

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I actually agree with some of the points made here
The thing that annoys me the most is the minutes restriction
If you're worried about him getting injured, you never should've drafted him. No NBA team is going anywhere with their best player clocking in less than 30 minutes a game. I could understand it earlier in the year but wtf are they still doing that for.

Of course everyone in here is writing this off as hating cause they didn't even watch the video
Shaq said MULTIPLE TIMES that the Spurs need to get players around Wemby and Chuck was saying the Spurs need to be patient cause it will be some time before they can really contend

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
The funny thing about this is that Wemby is a + in almost every Spurs lineup, so he actually is "winning" the game, the Spurs have a lead when he goes to the bench. It's just that Zach Collins comes in shooting 9% from 3 and getting dunked into the basket so much that as soon as Wemby comes out the other team goes on 18 - 2 run and by the time Wemby comes back in to start the second the Spurs are down 14. So not sure how Wemby is supposed to win more games when the Spurs get destroyed when he goes to the bench.

Funny thing is if the Spurs don't do anything in the summer and all that happens is Victor starts playing 38 minutes a night...he might legit take these bums to the playoffs next year...cause those 8 or 9 extra minutes is one or two less 12 - 2 runs for the other team, which could be as much as a 20 point swing.

It's mind blowing how little shaq and chuck know about modern nba basketball.

br82186

Superstar
Daps
Silver needs to get Shaq off their TV
Shaq is a fccking retard that n-gga was quoted in saying that he would have joined a super team in summer 96 when that Orlando team was in the prime position to be one.

He's the n-gga at school who talks shyt, but when you give him that same heat he gets pissy and is ready to fight.