Instagram for fun and profit ("Confessions of an Instagram Influencer")

old_timer

Taxi Squad
Daps
Confessions of an Instagram Influencer

summary-
  • the author (middle aged white guy/father) shares his first-hand account
  • a marketing company crafted his image and gave him step-by-step advice to build his brand
  • he turned into a minor i.g. celebrity for men's fashion
  • he got a small endorsement deal by the end of the experiment
full

interesting details
  • used the "Focalmark" app to pick good keywords
  • used the "Instagress" bot service ($10/month) to like 28,503 posts and leave 7,171 comments
  • to generate "lifestyle" content, he bought $400 worth of stock photos featuring hotel lobbies, sunsets, and other glamorous stuff
  • was on pace to reach 10k followers before stopping the experiment
  • discusses experience of buying 500 followers for $15 (mixed results)

any other comments about making money from instagram??

All Star
Daps
Instagress is a highly valuable service and its cheap af. I've been running it on one of my IG accounts and for every 20k likes, I gain about 800 followers + 2k likes. For only $10 a month thats amazing advertising returns. Followers are legit people too not bots.
How have you been able to track customer engagement? Are these followers actually sharing or buying your content/products?Even if they aren't, more followers is better social proof so it's probably all upside:yeshrug:

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mother Russia & Greater Israel
How have you been able to track customer engagement? Are these followers actually sharing or buying your content/products?Even if they aren't, more followers is better social proof so it's probably all upside:yeshrug:

My IG isn't set up as a sales avenue right now. Just showcasing product and building up the brand. Instagress has awesome controls to manage your interactions with your followers. Right now, Im just doing it as a test run and trying out the different setting on who to target. I've found the keywords I target are industry specific so the people that the bot likes, matter to my business. These people are interested in my product and when they see that my bot liked their post, they peep what I have to offer. Since its in the same industry, people tend to like/comment on my stuff and send me PM's trying to buy. Its very valuable but I haven't unlocked the full potential of Instagress yet.

I'm going off the simple premise that more followers = more legitimate site. Plus you'll start showing up in 'People you may know' etc and have much more exposure as people are "back linking" to your account in a way.

All Star
Daps
My IG isn't set up as a sales avenue right now. Just showcasing product and building up the brand. Instagress has awesome controls to manage your interactions with your followers. Right now, Im just doing it as a test run and trying out the different setting on who to target. I've found the keywords I target are industry specific so the people that the bot likes, matter to my business. These people are interested in my product and when they see that my bot liked their post, they peep what I have to offer. Since its in the same industry, people tend to like/comment on my stuff and send me PM's trying to buy. Its very valuable but I haven't unlocked the full potential of Instagress yet.

I'm going off the simple premise that more followers = more legitimate site. Plus you'll start showing up in 'People you may know' etc and have much more exposure as people are "back linking" to your account in a way.
So you're just building momentum right now so to speak? Got you. I know I saw a post on here where someone built an interest page on Facebook for like a year then started linking to their products. Apparently it worked well. I'm gonna be at that stage later on this year. Salute to you breh and good luck building your following:salute:.

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
So you're just building momentum right now so to speak? Got you. I know I saw a post on here where someone built an interest page on Facebook for like a year then started linking to their products. Apparently it worked well. I'm gonna be at that stage later on this year. Salute to you breh and good luck building your following:salute:.

Thanks man. Good luck on your project as well :salute:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town

Appreciate the insight!

This is interesting to me b/c I do personal training as a side gig (i keep my training cert, CPR/AED and liability insurance up to date) but i'm not really active on social media (i.e. IG) like that. So I'm trying to change that by putting out workout vids to promote the brand and advertise my wix PT website where I'll eventually be sellin workout products and training packages. I do notice that a lot of other 'fitness professionals' have 1000s of followers and for the females I mostly understand why (thirst trap pics/vids) but obviously dudes be having decent numbers too. So do you think this instagress could help out? What do mean by haven't unlocked the full potential?

And what the program essentially does is send bots to like other peoples posts to get them to come check out the page of the person who liked them?

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Appreciate the insight!

This is interesting to me b/c I do personal training as a side gig (i keep my training cert, CPR/AED and liability insurance up to date) but i'm not really active on social media (i.e. IG) like that. So I'm trying to change that by putting out workout vids to promote the brand and advertise my wix PT website where I'll eventually be sellin workout products and training packages. I do notice that a lot of other 'fitness professionals' have 1000s of followers and for the females I mostly understand why (thirst trap pics/vids) but obviously dudes be having decent numbers too. So do you think this instagress could help out? What do mean by haven't unlocked the full potential?

And what the program essentially does is send bots to like other peoples posts to get them to come check out the page of the person who liked them?

Yup, exactly. Funny thing that you do personal training. I actually found out about this app through my friend who's a PT and he used it to expand his client base. He's had a TON of success with Instagress in attracting new followers and then converting them into clients. My full potential comment is in regards to more specific user targeting and following it up with something for sale on my IG. I'm not there yet so theres still plenty of potential for growth.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Yup, exactly. Funny thing that you do personal training. I actually found out about this app through my friend who's a PT and he used it to expand his client base. He's had a TON of success with Instagress in attracting new followers and then converting them into clients. My full potential comment is in regards to more specific user targeting and following it up with something for sale on my IG. I'm not there yet so theres still plenty of potential for growth.
They shut it down :mjcry:

I'd been using it ever since you put me on to it and it was brilliant :banderas:

I hadn't yet made that transition to selling products and converting followers/browswers, but man i was steadily growing and having ppl watchin my vids.

Now it's back to the drawing board :francis:

Which i'd gotten on board with this a year ago

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I noticed my activity had slowed down a bit, so i figured aight my 30 days probably ended, so i went to the site to reup and it said it got shut down late April :francis:

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
They shut it down :mjcry:

I'd been using it ever since you put me on to it and it was brilliant :banderas:

I hadn't yet made that transition to selling products and converting followers/browswers, but man i was steadily growing and having ppl watchin my vids.

Now it's back to the drawing board :francis:

Which i'd gotten on board with this a year ago

Yeah it sucks. Hopefully a similar program hits the market soon. shyt was amazing for building accounts.