Interesting facts from J. Prince's book The Art & Science of Repect

Phantom Dreamer

All Star
Daps
I crack jokes about the dude, but i listened to this whole audio book on apple music (on 1.5x speed, no shyt) not too long after this thread was posted and it made my summer. sitting outside listening to this shyt.

one thing that stuck with me and was low key inspiring was when he was talking about buying his compound / house in the country and he said something like (paraphrasing):
"money was never my goal, i always ultimately wanted serenity and peace of mind" and how he goes on to say its not really his money or even his name that he's protecting at all costs, but its his peace and serenity..he lets nothing get in the way of that. i was like :dwillhuh::ehh::salute:

lots of interesting stuff in this book. obviously the reasons are clear why, but there was a lot of white washing when it came to certain situations. wish we coulda got more detail, but I get why we didnt

not taking anything away from him, but he kinda came up in THE perfect time to make the moves he made. people like him will thrive regardless of where or when, but he really saw through the starts and finishes of a couple different crazy eras. dudes like this are gonna be a rarity, not because of their personality, but because of how the modern world is and how shyt works today. its kind of a shame. he came up in the perfect time to do all that shyt. i imagine his kids are under a lot of pressure to fill those shoes...and we all know how that goes

You said it better than I could. J might be a bit of a snake but his life, demeanor, and outlook are very inspiring.

Self-made, rich as fukk, name rings in the streets and in business, ALWAYS seen as a man of respect, outside of message board goons :patrice:

Mob boss for real :whoo:

what nikkas like Preme was tryin to become :wow:

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
Episode 32 | "Courtesy Call" w/ Special Guest: J. Prince

Surprised it hasn’t been posted already. I can’t embed it but here’s an interview with J y’all should check out. He sat down with some dudes in Houston to clear up some shyt a previous guest on their podcast had said.

The previous guest was Johnny “Big J” Binder who it’s said J came up under on the streets.

It ain’t like his other interviews, he kinda goes into his past on the street. The second half of the interview is him talking about his book and it’s on YouTube.

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps

Surprised it hasn’t been posted already. I can’t embed it but here’s an interview with J y’all should check out. He sat down with some dudes in Houston to clear up some shyt a previous guest on their podcast had said.

The previous guest was Johnny “Big J” Binder who it’s said J came up under on the streets.

It ain’t like his other interviews, he kinda goes into his past on the street. The second half of the interview is him talking about his book and it’s on YouTube.
Will definitely check this out.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Anything stand out?

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
Anything stand out?

Not really for me, but I grew up down here so I kinda somewhat knew his story. Maybe the way he just discredited any association with Binder, but I guess it isn’t all that surprising if you hear Binder’s interview.

What did stand out is the fact that his ego made him get on an interview to address past street shyt. If you’ve been following his interviews along his book tour everything’s kinda been scripted out. Same questions same answers.
But here he’s kinda just himself talking and if you have any type of discernment but didn’t really know too much about him you can kinda see what type of dude he is at his core.