Investing in startups / JOBS Act thread

JahFocus CS

Get It How You Get It
Daps
Reppin
Republic of New Afrika
I'm assuming no one posting on here is an accredited investor, so let's keep the thread focused on opportunities for unaccredited investors and opportunities through Title III of the JOBS Act (as opposed to Title II) :heh:

I was doing research yesterday into investment opportunities under Title III and ended up signing up for SeedInvest, Mr. Crowd, and Microventures. A lot of the investments have minimums of anywhere from $100 to $1000 from what I've seen, so it isn't difficult to get in on something. There are numerous other portals too that I'm still looking at to see what they have to offer.

Has anyone made any investments of this sort yet?

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Nope haven't, can't say I"m interested in doing so either.
Just not my interest. Cool site though, I'll pass it on

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
You don't need to be an accredited investor anymore. The black investment crowdfunding platform should be coming soon

无名的

Superstar
Daps
There will be the anomaly that blows up and it'll compel you to invest because of FOMO, but my general recommendation would be to stay far, far away from these companies. I've worked in startups for a long time and most of them are just chaos destined for failure.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
There will be the anomaly that blows up and it'll compel you to invest because of FOMO, but my general recommendation would be to stay far, far away from these companies. I've worked in startups for a long time and most of them are just chaos destined for failure.

And this is my issue with 90% of start ups. Nowadays it is mainly just people trying to juug and get an overinflated value then sell to some unsuspecting person/company that buys into the hype and doesn't really understand the product. Very few start ups nowadays are trying to solve problems, most just are trying to be the next big thing.