Iran relationship with al-Qaeda revealed in newly-released trove of Bin Laden documents

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
so iran got them to hit saudi in the late 90's. big whoop. only warmongers like you and the trump admin care about this foolishness today.

declare war on them and saudi arabia and sanction both of them and tear up the deal. release them thangs on both and solve all your problems.

it'll be fun to watch how all this blows up in y'all face though, like everything else neocons touch.
How about acknowledging you were wrong about Iran?

Is that so hard?

People tried telling you 17 years ago...20 years ago...30 years ago.

Yall keep refusing to acknowledge this.

And you know its true because of how Iran is reacting to the news. They know that we knew but yall just said "oh its just republican war hawks"

"oh its people who hate the iran deal"

"oh its general Wesley clark"

Stop it son. Stop spinning and deflecting.

Iran is a bad faith actor. Period.

Now, what to do with that information is a whole other story...

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
MoA - Neocons Push Dubious Paper To Allege Iran - Al-Qaeda Connection
Neocons Push Dubious Paper To Allege Iran - Al-Qaeda Connection
The anti-Iran powers in the U.S. again try to smear Iran as allied with al-Qaeda. The accusations will be used to justify further hostilities against the country.

Suddenly an anonymous, and likely fake, document appears and is prominently launched into the public circulation. To provide plausibility for the publishing the new CIA director Mike Pompeo ordered his staff to release additional data allegedly found in Osama Bin Laden's compound in Abbottabad in Pakistan.

These "new" papers were first released to the neoconservative anti-Iran lobby Foundation for Defense of Democracies. Among the "hundred thousands" of pages a mysterious 19 page document is claimed to prove Iranian collaboration with al-Qaeda. The way the release was handled and the prominence put on this one specific paper indicates that the now released stash was "spiked" with this document to initiate hostilities against Iran.

We have been here before. Fake documents produced by the CIA and neo-conservative think-tanks were used to allege that Saddam Hussein was buying Uranium in Niger (copy below). False claims were made that Saddam had contacts with the perpetrators of the 9/11 attack in New York.

nigerfake.jpg

Former CIA Career Analyst Ned Price explains the politics behind the new release:

Ned Price‏ @nedprice - 6:30 PM - 1 Nov 2017
  • @CIA released what it claims are the final public files from Bin Laden’s lair. I’m all for transparency, but this isn’t about that.
  • In Jan, DNI, which led the declassification effort, released what it said was the final tranche of Bin Laden files. Link
  • The DNI-led review was overseen by career intel officials, who concluded that, w the Jan files, all those of public interest were released.
  • But a funny thing happened when CIA Director Pompeo came into office. I’m told he re-launched a review of the files.
  • In doing so, he took officers away from important missions to pore—and re-pore—over the millions of documents.
  • How can we be sure this was a CIA effort? Unlike previous releases, today’s files are hosted on CIA.gov, not the DNI site.
  • He said as much at the gathering of a conservative group, @FDD, opposed to the Iran deal in September. Link
  • As luck would have it, CIA provided an advance copy of today’s files to @LongWarJournal, this group’s publication. Link
  • The ploy is transparent despite the fact that the newly-released documents don’t tell us anything we didn’t already know.
  • What’s not as transparent are the motives of Pompeo, the administration’s leading and most influential Iran hawk.
  • Remember Cheney on @MeetThePress, pointing to Atta’s supposed Prague meeting w Iraqi officials? It was a key element of the march to war.
  • History doesn’t repeat itself but it does rhyme. Need to remain vigilant to ensure Pompeo isn’t able to write it.
The CIA's outlet for these papers, the FDD, writes about the cache:

Documents show tense al Qaeda-Iran relationship:

Al Qaeda’s relationship with Iran’s government has been fractious at best and openly antagonistic at worst, according to documents confiscated from Osama bin Laden’s hideout in Pakistan and made public on Thursday.
The one new document that now changes the old assessment by 180 degree is of course the one the right-wing Telegraph and other outlets immediately point out: Trove of Bin Laden documents reveal Iran's secret dealings with al-Qaeda.

But how come that an assessment from a "senior jihadist" received by Bin Laden is anonymous? How does FDD know that the author is "senior"? Why doesn't he have a name?

The alleged "senior jihadist" paper wants us to believe that Iran offered al-Qaeda “training in Hezbollah camps in Lebanon"? That is ludicrous. Al-Qaeda always had an anti-Shia ideology and agenda. It is not plausible that the Shia majority Iran would ask the Shia organization Hizbullah to train the anti-Shia killer gangs of al-Qaeda.

Al-Qaeda is an enemy of Iran. After the U.S. invaded Afghanistan in 2001 some al-Qaeda members and their families fled towards Iran. They had no other place to go. All of them were immediately detained or put under house arrest. A deal was likely made in which al-Qaeda promised to refrain from attacking Iran while Iran would keep these hostages unharmed. The al-Qaeda members were not "guests" in Iran. In its yearly Country Reports on Terrorism the U.S. State Department notes:

Iran remained unwilling to bring to justice senior al-Qa’ida (AQ) members it continued to detain, and refused to publicly identify those senior members in its custody.

In 2015 Iran released some al-Qaeda members in exchange for an Iranian diplomat al-Qaeda had taken hostage in Yemen. That is not the record of a friendly relation.

The 19-pages document is not plausible. It was obviously produced and prominently launched for a specific political purpose. It contradicts earlier released papers as well as the historic record.

Professor Max Abrams notes:

Max Abrahms @MaxAbrahms - 4:05 AM - 2 Nov 2017
  • The regime change playbook plays on American fears of Salafist terrorists by claiming the target-leadership supports them.
  • For Saddam it was that he supported Al Qaeda. For Assad it was that he supported ISIS. For Iran it will increasingly stress Al Qaeda ties.
Add to that the equally implausible claims that Russia is supporting the Taliban in Afghanistan. (With what? Rusty AK-47s?)

It seems likely that the "never-before-seen 19-page document" with "a senior jihadist’s assessment" was written up in Langley or Tel Aviv. It was then put into the stash of the now released Bin Laden files to give it a somewhat plausible origin. FDD was specifically pointed to that very document to bring it into public circulation.

This is clearly reminiscent of the Bush/Cheney regime's campaign against Iraq in which faked documents claimed that Saddam was buying Uranium from Niger and that he had contacts with the perpetrators of 9/11. The release of this document is primitive warmongering propaganda.

So primitive indeed that many will fall for it.

---
Update:
Others are equally suspicious of this release.

Ankit Panda at The Diplomat asks: Was the bulk release of Osama Bin Laden’s Abbottabad data trove an act of transparency or something else?

Professor As'ad AbuKhalil, the Angry Arab, notes a lot of auspicious issue in a released document the CIA called the Bin Laden journal. Of the document discussed above he writes:

Then there is that 19-page document (unsigned) and it is ostensibly is a document showing ties between Iran and Al-Qa`idah. This one is the hardest to believe. The document does not make sense: at several points it talks about Iranian regime being very pragmatic and another point it talks that the enmity between US and Iran is very real and not fake. But this last contention is totally against all the beliefs of Islamists (of the various kind) who are convinced that the US and Iran are allies under the table. The paper also alleges that Iran offered to send Al-Qa`idah members to train at Hizbullah camps in Lebanon. This is clearly a fabrication and shows a clumsy effort to implicate Iran in a relations with Al-Qa`idah. But why would Iran need to send Al-Qa`dish fighters who are allegedly in Iran already to Lebanon to train? Why not train them there in Iran? Also, the document itself then says: that Iranian governments arrested all of them and they had to go into hiding. This document in particular clearly is fabricated--I venture--and I don't know who wrote it. It also struck me as less religious in tone than what we normally read form those quarters.

Iran's Foreign Minister Javad Zarif jumps in:

Javad Zarif‏ @JZarif - 7:29 PM - 2 Nov 2017
A record low for the reach of petrodollars: CIA & FDD fake news w/ selective AlQaeda docs re: Iran can't whitewash role of US allies in 9/11

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Is any of the information wrong? or just inconvenient?

Theres no convient time for you Western hating jackasses, is there?

This is why you deleted my Iran thread about terrorism, didn't you?

I tried having this discussion years ago and you laughed at me: Iran helped 9/11, using the Saudis as proxies. Look at the facts. - US Treasury agrees

This is what happens when you keep suppressing information thats 10, 20, and 30 years old...

And now even Iran is confirming it because they're scared the truth will come out. You can tell by the way their government is reacting. Yeah. Oops. We caught you. From Imad Mughniyah to Bin Laden to Muqtada Al-Sadr. :ufdup:

It works both ways.

Why do you NEVER want to debate the assertions individually and the lines of evidence? I see through you, and worse, you do too.

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
acknowledging that i'm wrong about what? that they have proxy terrorist groups doing their bidding against saudi arabia, israel and america when they come through their neck of the woods? that like all aggressive actors they have relationships of convenience? wow what a revelation. no one gives a shyt, except neocons like you and pompeo and the rest of trump's klan. that's why it's being released now. your girl hillary wouldn't have released all those documents in keeping with the obama admin because of sheeple neocons like you who would want to frame this nonsense as a reason to tear up the deal. they weren't responsible for 9/11, your saudi boys were, always remember that.

iran acts in bad faith. america acts in bad faith. russia acts in bad faith. china acts in bad faith. for example all this russia shyt that's going on, i don't blame them for doing it. i respect them doing it. i blame the americans who participated and committed treason (same ones trying to drum up war with iran now). countries should act in their best interest. my problem with this neocon-america vs iran beef is that america would instead be acting in the best interest of saudi arabia and israel, not us.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
acknowledging that i'm wrong about what? that they have proxy terrorist groups doing their bidding against saudi arabia, israel and america when they come through their neck of the woods? that like all aggressive actors they have relationships of convenience? wow what a revelation. no one gives a shyt, except neocons like you and pompeo and the rest of trump's klan. that's why it's being released now. your girl hillary wouldn't have released all those documents in keeping with the obama admin because of sheeple neocons like you who would want to frame this nonsense as a reason to tear up the deal. they weren't responsible for 9/11, your saudi boys were, always remember that.

iran acts in bad faith. america acts in bad faith. russia acts in bad faith. china acts in bad faith. for example all this russia shyt that's going on, i don't blame them for doing it. i respect them doing it. i blame the americans who participated and committed treason (same ones trying to drum up war with iran now). countries should act in their best interest. my problem with this neocon-america vs iran beef is that america would instead be acting in the best interest of saudi arabia and israel, not us.
Why are you so hostile to information showing Iran to work alongside Al-Qaeda?

Thats all this is.

Now you're adding all this extra "Neo-con" shyt into it.

Hold up now...thats YOUR problem.

Its funny you're brushing this off too. You know damn well you didn't know this shyt years ago and people like you would have laughed at me for bringing this up. Now you "knew all along"

Bullshyt. You're just mad you waited this long and are worried this brings you to boots on the ground in Tehran...well thats the risk of suppressing information, isn't it?

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
Why are you so hostile to information showing Iran to work alongside Al-Qaeda?

Thats all this is.

Now you're adding all this extra "Neo-con" shyt into it.

Hold up now...thats YOUR problem.

Its funny you're brushing this off too. You know damn well you didn't know this shyt years ago and people like you would have laughed at me for bringing this up. Now you "knew all along"

Bullshyt. You're just mad you waited this long and are worried this brings you to boots on the ground in Tehran...well thats the risk of suppressing information, isn't it?
shut the fukk up you stupid c*nt. iran has been accused of working with bad actors for decades. who didn't know this. some people like me just didn't give a fukk. there is a difference between not knowing and not caring. we've been down this path before with iraq where past misdeeds are framed to do something ridiculous.

you're basically saying people didn't know about the accusations against iran before today which just shows what an arrogant idiot you are that you think others haven't heard them before. no one outside of those doing and those catching them in the act knows anything, it's all about who and what you want to believe. i choose to never believe right wing neocons and how they chose to frame their always wrong positions. you're over here acting like you're getting intelligence briefings and shyt. you're feeling yourself a little bit too much because you have time to scour twitter all day and aggregate content. stay in your lane, you're reading the same "senior AQ" (:mjlol:) shyt from mike pompeo as everyone else, you didn't read those documents before the release.

oh and why would boots on the ground in tehran worry me? that doesn't affect me either way, just like every other war. calling bullshyt on you neocons doesn't mean i'm worried, just means i'm calling bullshyt.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Is any of the information wrong? or just inconvenient?

Theres no convient time for you Western hating jackasses, is there?

This is why you deleted my Iran thread about terrorism, didn't you?

I tried having this discussion years ago and you laughed at me: Iran helped 9/11, using the Saudis as proxies. Look at the facts. - US Treasury agrees

This is what happens when you keep suppressing information thats 10, 20, and 30 years old...

And now even Iran is confirming it because they're scared the truth will come out. You can tell by the way their government is reacting. Yeah. Oops. We caught you. From Imad Mughniyah to Bin Laden to Muqtada Al-Sadr. :ufdup:

It works both ways.

Why do you NEVER want to debate the assertions individually and the lines of evidence? I see through you, and worse, you do too.
The 2011 civil court case “Findings of Fact and Conclusions of Law” had no allegations of evidence to prove that Iran had participated in the planning of the 9/11 attacks, OR any Iranians paying any of the hijackers. You got one anti-government Iranian, named Mesbahi, who referred to a flight simulator that maybe had been purchased from Iran, and he was alleged to have said that he “believes that the simulator was probably used to train the 9/11 hijacker pilots.” That’s all. For these things, the judge fined the Iranian government $10.5B, and told the suing victims to get the money any way they could (which might be not at all, since Iran mocked and rejected the verdict — but the precedent for ‘Iran caused 9/11’ was set).

What, then, was the reality of Iran and the 9/11 attacks? Even the civil suit’s claimants didn’t allege anything substantial for the period prior to 9/11, but what about the period since 9/11?

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
The 2011 civil court case “Findings of Fact and Conclusions of Law” had no allegations of evidence to prove that Iran had participated in the planning of the 9/11 attacks, OR any Iranians paying any of the hijackers. You got one anti-government Iranian, named Mesbahi, who referred to a flight simulator that maybe had been purchased from Iran, and he was alleged to have said that he “believes that the simulator was probably used to train the 9/11 hijacker pilots.” That’s all. For these things, the judge fined the Iranian government $10.5B, and told the suing victims to get the money any way they could (which might be not at all, since Iran mocked and rejected the verdict — but the precedent for ‘Iran caused 9/11’ was set).

What, then, was the reality of Iran and the 9/11 attacks? Even the civil suit’s claimants didn’t allege anything substantial for the period prior to 9/11, but what about the period since 9/11?
False.

Court Filings Assert Iran Had Link to 9/11 Attacks

Iran and 9/11: Down the Rabbit Hole of Blame | HuffPost

Iran gave these guys refugee and allowed them to transverse borders without passport documentation as well as black money and tools.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
shut the fukk up you stupid c*nt. iran has been accused of working with bad actors for decades. who didn't know this. some people like me just didn't give a fukk. there is a difference between not knowing and not caring. we've been down this path before with iraq where past misdeeds are framed to do something ridiculous.

you're basically saying people didn't know about the accusations against iran before today which just shows what an arrogant idiot you are that you think others haven't heard them before. no one outside of those doing and those catching them in the act knows anything, it's all about who and what you want to believe. i choose to never believe right wing neocons and how they chose to frame their always wrong positions. you're over here acting like you're getting intelligence briefings and shyt. you're feeling yourself a little bit too much because you have time to scour twitter all day and aggregate content. stay in your lane, you're reading the same "senior AQ" (:mjlol:) shyt from mike pompeo as everyone else, you didn't read those documents before the release.

oh and why would boots on the ground in tehran worry me? that doesn't affect me either way, just like every other war. calling bullshyt on you neocons doesn't mean i'm worried, just means i'm calling bullshyt.

First of all I tried having this convo years ago and people like you ignored it. So this is what you get.

I've known this shyt FOR YEARS...and people like you DID NOT. Fact. Iran helped 9/11, using the Saudis as proxies. Look at the facts. - US Treasury agrees

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
First of all I tried having this convo years ago and people like you ignored it. So this is what you get.

I've known this shyt FOR YEARS...and people like you DID NOT. Fact. Iran helped 9/11, using the Saudis as proxies. Look at the facts. - US Treasury agrees
you haven't known shyt for years. you've believed it for years because that's what your neocon media sources tell you and the others who read them (i had to point out this part out because you seem delusional enough to think a public article is an exclusive intelligence briefing for napoleon).

people didn't care because they've never attacked our homeland, and your friendly neighborhood neocon pompeo still isn't going to find anything to prove that. I do not care that they have israel and saudi arabia all in their feelings i actually like that. i do not like those two countries so i'm happy someone is out there fukking with them. if american ME interests get fukked with while they're in the ME palling around with evil countries then that's just a byproduct of those relationships. funny how our ME besties have 9/11 (saudi arabia) and the uss liberty (israel) in their we love america diary. we should attack them for that, past actions matter.

Last edited:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
you haven't known shyt for years. you've believed it for years because that's what your neocon media sources tell you and the others who read them (i had to point out this part about about because you seem delusional enough to think a public article is an exclusive intelligence briefing for napoleon).

people didn't care because they've never attacked our homeland, and your friendly neighborhood neocon pompeo still isn't going to find anything to prove that. I do not care that they have israel and saudi arabia all in their feelings i actually like that. i do not like those two countries so i'm happy someone is out there fukking with them. if american ME interests get fukked with while they're in the ME palling around with evil countries then that's just a byproduct of those relationships. funny how our ME besties have 9/11 (saudi arabia) and the uss liberty (israel) in their we love america diary. we should attack them for that, past actions matter.
Is the 9/11 report a Neo-con media source? :stopitslime:

Why are you trying to shift the argument to when I learned this?

The point is that, yes its true.

Iran was a puppet master of Al Qaeda.

This was known back in the 90s.

Who is talking about attacks though?

YOU are.

I'm talking about Iran's behavior, not what to do about it.

Seems you can't get out of your own way. Yall love dragging the convo into war.

I'm talking about the connections. You're talking about kinetic strikes.

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
Is the 9/11 report a Neo-con media source? :stopitslime:

Why are you trying to shift the argument to when I learned this?

The point is that, yes its true.

Iran was a puppet master of Al Qaeda.

This was known back in the 90s.

Who is talking about attacks though?

YOU are.

I'm talking about Iran's behavior, not what to do about it.

Seems you can't get out of your own way. Yall love dragging the convo into war.

I'm talking about the connections. You're talking about kinetic strikes.
i'm not shifting anything, you're the one in here bragging about what you have KNOWN for decades and us mere mortals couldn't possibly have seen or heard the same public rantings as you because you're the actual analyst that produced the work and have a more intimate knowledge of the situation. you're a joke because you like bragging about other people's work like you're connected and shyt.

"this is what i've believed for years" those are the words you should be writing and that's the end of it. and we would reply "and, so what?"

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
i'm not shifting anything, you're the one in here bragging about what you have KNOWN for decades and us mere mortals couldn't possibly have seen or heard the same public rantings as you because you're the actual analyst that produced the work and have a more intimate knowledge of the situation. you're a joke because you like bragging about other people's work like you're connected and shyt.

"this is what i've believed for years" those are the words you should be writing and that's the end of it. and we would reply "and, so what?"
Now your argument is that I read other people's work? :heh:

Colilluminati

TAMRON HALL STAN
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MiddleWest
A never-before-seen 19-page document purportedly written by a senior member of al-Qaeda details an arrangement between Iran and members of the group to strike American interests in "Saudi Arabia and the Gulf."

Stop reading right there .

Lol@Nap spreading war propaganda . Then he'alllll be going crazy when Trump starts bombing them .