Is 1 hour of brushing a day enough for waves?

blqbird

I've been thuggin through my rainy days...
Daps
Reppin
DMV
I split it into two 30-minute sessions every day. Brush for 5-10 minutes out the shower then let it dry. Apply some shea butter and wring out a hot washcloth to melt it for about 2 minutes. Brush for 30 then du-rag. Repeat 5-8 hours later. I'm only going for waves on the top not the full 360 so I wasn't sure.

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I split it into two 30-minute sessions every day. Brush for 5-10 minutes out the shower then let it dry. Apply some shea butter and wring out a hot washcloth to melt it for about 2 minutes. Brush for 30 then du-rag. Repeat 5-8 hours later. I'm only going for waves on the top not the full 360 so I wasn't sure.
:dame:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Brush your hair for the same amount of time as you brush your teeth. Any more is too much
Got braids now but my hair is thin as fukk on the main spot I used to brush.....Dont know whether the sporting wave or brushing, but dont over due it trying to get waves, there is a reason u see a small fraction of men with waves after 25.....

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Got braids now but my hair is thin as fukk on the main spot I used to brush.....Dont know whether the sporting wave or brushing, but dont over due it trying to get waves, there is a reason u see a small fraction of men with waves after 25.....

nikkaS KILLED THEIR SCALPS OVER BRUSHING AS YOUTHS
AND NOW THEY ALL BALDING.

POMADE IS DEFINITELY BAD FOR THE SCALP ALSO
AND CAN LEAD TO EARLY BALDING BY CLOGGING THE FOLLICLES.
:devil:
:evil:

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
50 strokes in each quad should be more than enough.

Hair length is also important.

I would say start off with a 1 (barber knows what it is)

Brush your hair and STOCKING cap yo shyt. A haircut at a 1 should last you 2 weeks easily. Main thing is be consistent brushing and try to use your stocking cap often. (This process goes from a soft bristle brush to you thinking that a hard bristle isn't doing anything for your hair)

When you go back to get a hair cut. You should get a 1 half....you should notice ya waves coming in. Grow it out until the brush ain't working again.

This about 4-5 weeks. You should be semi-spinnin to spinning hard depending on your grade of hair

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
First it depends on how coarse your hair is. For me when i 1st cut off my Kobe minifro ans started my wave journey 7 years ago I would watch a hour long show like Sons of Anarchy and brush during commercials. Using hot water in a spray bottle. For moisturizer I used shea butter or some wave moisterizer i would buy off this nikka who made it.

I also brush in the shower. The most important was making sure to durag every night.

After my waves got established I no longer have to brush as much. Light brushing in the shower and when I get out. Then durag for the night. A quick 2 minute session in the Am after i Unrag and im spinning for the day.

blqbird

I've been thuggin through my rainy days...
Daps
Reppin
DMV
50 strokes in each quad should be more than enough.

Hair length is also important.

I would say start off with a 1 (barber knows what it is)

Brush your hair and STOCKING cap yo shyt. A haircut at a 1 should last you 2 weeks easily. Main thing is be consistent brushing and try to use your stocking cap often. (This process goes from a soft bristle brush to you thinking that a hard bristle isn't doing anything for your hair)

When you go back to get a hair cut. You should get a 1 half....you should notice ya waves coming in. Grow it out until the brush ain't working again.

This about 4-5 weeks. You should be semi-spinnin to spinning hard depending on your grade of hair

Would it be best to start with 8119 med and switch to 8159 hard once my hair starts growing thicker?