Is 2006 the most underrated year in hip hop?

DraymondT

Superstar
Daps
Decent year but most underrated? I dunno... Like others have said forgettable so aint no one finna hype it up

I mean Ghostface B Sides to Fishscale in More Fish that he just put together for end of year prob a top 10 hip hop album of 06 :russ: that tell you bout that year

Last edited:

International Playa

Playa with a Passport
Daps
Reppin
NULL
T.I & Rick Ross dropped the best albums that year.

Lupe Fiasco - Food & Liquor made noise, I wasn't a fan so never listened to it, besides the singles

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
To me, it wasn't good. But, I was burned out and cleaning up trash in a stadium plus lived in a halfway house, so nothing felt right. I felt like a loser. Not the E40, not the Akon, all those dumb ass songs, the T Pain shyt, the Banks. To this day, all those 2006 club and party and girl songs remind me of picking up trash LOL -- nothing sexy, nothing glamorous, no one night stands, or hook ups, like most people my age. I think about trash.

Nothing felt like it was fire, a lot of that is just the state of my life at that moment.

Had I been living like my boys, I would have loved it. Even the lesser stuff like Kingdom Come and Hip Hop Is Dead, had I been in college, hustling and smoking blunts, on my game, I would have liked them more.

2007 is a lot better, but again, so was my life. I felt like I was coming back, Free At Last, American Gangster, The Solution, Buck The World, The Carter Lost Sessions, Graduation, Curtis wack ass cd but a big moment

swerve

All Star
Daps
Think I had four different jobs during 06 that sucked, so each of these albums I can pinpoint to where I was working and how miserable I was 😄

The following albums are cool and got some major play. But the be honest haven’t listened to them AT ALL since, except Dilla. I have his albums on vinyl.

-J Dilla - Donuts
-TI - King (What You Know was a fukking monster)
-Clipse - Hell Hath No Fury
-Roots - Game Theory (almost classic, should’ve went triple)
-Jeezy - The Inspiration
-Ghostface -Fishscale
-Ghostface - More Fish
-Wayne - Dedication 2
-J Dilla - The Shining
-Hi-Tek - Hi-Teknology 2

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Hell no, especially on a purely mainstream level :mjlol: That was literally the spark of the descent

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

All Star
Daps
that era’s commercial class of artist were all in full form
/ I wonder how many recouped :jbhmm:

Mac Ten

Class of 97 !!!
Daps
Reppin
B-More
06 was a cool year... I was a 4th Grader that Fall and still a 3rd Grader during Spring

I was listening to Rap on the Music Choice channel a lot back then. My Grandmother just moved into the Senior Citizen home and she just got Comcast installed in her apartment.

My Dad let me borrow CDs from his crib as well.

My favorite albums of 2006 was:

Gucci Mane's Hard To Kill
Rick Ross-Port Of Miami(that was due to Rick Ross having that Gruff, husky voice)
Lupe Fiasco's Food and Liquor
Jeezy's TM102

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
It was a good year imo

Good wu year at the very least:

Fishscale
421: the day after
Made in brooklyn
Vatican vol 1
Vatican vol 2
More fish
resident patient

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
Not my favorite year, but at least hip hop still felt like hip hop at that time.

• Dap
Reactions: ADP

ADP

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don't know about MOST underrated but def one of the last years the type of hip hop that I really loved made noise

Next gen of Coles Drakes and Kendricks just couldn't get into close to the levels of their predecessors...