Is AWS a difficult Cert?

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
Adrian Cantrill is definitely worth the $40 but I got the bundle last year when he was doing a sale. It's a lifetime membership and all updates are free. You can pay in installments if you need to. He low key takes shots at Stephane for producing exam focused courses, but hundreds of thousands of people have passed their exams using his courses so I don't think he really cares lol. They both post in the same forum on reddit.

Neal Davis is also good. He's not as popular as Stephane but he gets the same ratings. Just depends who you resonate with more.

Never heard of chatgpt before.
Bruhhhhhhhhh, prepare to have your mind blown.. Its crazyyyyy AI. Whole thread on it in TLR, check it out. I dont even know how to explain quickly

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Bruhhhhhhhhh, prepare to have your mind blown.. Its crazyyyyy AI. Whole thread on it in TLR, check it out. I dont even know how to explain quickly

:ohhh: I just been playing around with this, shyt is bananas. I asked it whether this would ever replace cloud jobs and here was the answer it gave me:

As a language model, ChatGPT is a tool that can assist with certain tasks and generate natural language text, but it is not designed to replace jobs in the cloud or any other field.
Cloud computing is a rapidly growing field that is essential for many businesses and organizations, and it is likely to continue to be in high demand in the future. It involves the delivery of computing services such as storage, networking, and databases over the internet. This technology enables organizations to reduce costs, improve scalability, and increase collaboration.
ChatGPT and other language models like it are tools that can aid in tasks such as natural language processing, text generation, and language translation. But, it is not meant to replace human workers in the field of cloud computing or any other field. Instead, it can be used to augment human capabilities and improve efficiency in certain tasks.
The future of work will be shaped by the integration of technology and human skills, but it's important to note that AI and machine learning technology will not replace human jobs but rather enhance and augment them.

:whew:

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
:ohhh: I just been playing around with this, shyt is bananas. I asked it whether this would ever replace cloud jobs and here was the answer it gave me:

As a language model, ChatGPT is a tool that can assist with certain tasks and generate natural language text, but it is not designed to replace jobs in the cloud or any other field.
Cloud computing is a rapidly growing field that is essential for many businesses and organizations, and it is likely to continue to be in high demand in the future. It involves the delivery of computing services such as storage, networking, and databases over the internet. This technology enables organizations to reduce costs, improve scalability, and increase collaboration.
ChatGPT and other language models like it are tools that can aid in tasks such as natural language processing, text generation, and language translation. But, it is not meant to replace human workers in the field of cloud computing or any other field. Instead, it can be used to augment human capabilities and improve efficiency in certain tasks.
The future of work will be shaped by the integration of technology and human skills, but it's important to note that AI and machine learning technology will not replace human jobs but rather enhance and augment them.

:whew:
Thats exactly what someone would tell you before they rob you blind.. :russ:

Probably a few years off but if this is what they released to public first time around, imagine what they have in chamber and how this thing will iterate in next couple releases with billions of inputs to machine learn or when its connected directly to internet.. Wild times ahead

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Thats exactly what someone would tell you before they rob you blind.. :russ:

Probably a few years off but if this is what they released to public first time around, imagine what they have in chamber and how this thing will iterate in next couple releases with billions of inputs to machine learn or when its connected directly to internet.. Wild times ahead

We'll have to wait and see. I think we'll be good money for now. I remember when people were scared of the millenium bug and here we are 20 years later. As long as you level up your skills and go where the demand is, there will always be opportunities that need the human touch.

Renkz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To add on to this, for someone without an IT background:

1. Would it be best to get the AWS Cloud Practitioner cert and then the AWS Solutions Architect cert, or is the Solutions Architect the only one that matters between the two?
  2. After getting the Solutions Architect cert, will corporate gigs be lining up for you or do you need an extensive portfolio demonstrating that you’ve done months (years?) of cloud-based work? Basically how soon can you get a good gig, assuming you are new to the field/newly certified.
Thanks
Get the solutions architectures
You will need to some labs with aws technology, like calling lambda functions when a file is uploaded to an s3 bucket.
Have a cloud watch alert to keep track of aws billing.
Those scenarios you can find online, or on the aws website

Steel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC - ATL-MIA
I can only tell you that the AWS sys ops cert test is the hardest cert i've ever taken. You really need to know your shyt. Those labs are 18% of the exam and can get very deep. Glad i got it out the way. I've been studying on and off for a year.

Renkz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can only tell you that the AWS sys ops cert test is the hardest cert i've ever taken. You really need to know your shyt. Those labs are 18% of the exam and can get very deep. Glad i got it out the way. I've been studying on and off for a year.
Has that cert open doors for you?

HoldThisL

Captain L
Daps
I got the SAA cert, you will get interviews with it. Just make sure you have projects on your resume to guide you through interview process or past IT experience if you have it.

Aceofspades404

Superstar
Daps
I have the saa and dva which I didn't find too challenging but I'll come back to this once I take the sysops at the end of the month.
Adrian Cantrill is definitely worth the $40 but I got the bundle last year when he was doing a sale. It's a lifetime membership and all updates are free. You can pay in installments if you need to. He low key takes shots at Stephane for producing exam focused courses, but hundreds of thousands of people have passed their exams using his courses so I don't think he really cares lol. They both post in the same forum on reddit.

Neal Davis is also good. He's not as popular as Stephane but he gets the same ratings. Just depends who you resonate with more.

Never heard of chatgpt before.
I bought the associate bundle and regret not getting the all the things bundle especially since he's dipping into docker and kubernetes. Do you plan on getting all the certs?

Last edited:

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I have the saa and dva which I didn't find too challenging but I'll come back to this once I take the sysops at the end of the month.

I bought the associate bundle and regret not getting the all the things bundle especially since he's dipping into docker and kubernetes. Do you plan on getting all the certs?

On his LinkedIn posts and reddit he says that you can always upgrade and just pay the difference, so you should be good.

The only certs I plan to get are all the associates and the SAP. The jury is still out on the Devops professional, I may get it, iono. The only specialty one I'll get is the security specialty.

Aceofspades404

Superstar
Daps
On his LinkedIn posts and reddit he says that you can always upgrade and just pay the difference, so you should be good.

The only certs I plan to get are all the associates and the SAP. The jury is still out on the Devops professional, I may get it, iono. The only specialty one I'll get is the security specialty.
same but switch out sap with sa pro

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Brehs I’m about to get my developer cert should I go ahead and knock out solutions architect as well? I’m new to tech but I’m basically focusing on getting these cloud certs and learning python.

I passed the cloud practitioner with Andrew browns exampro and I copped the entire associate bundle for 50 bucks I highly recommend him. The sample exams he has was basically what the real thing was for me.