Is it better to buy a older car with lower miles or a new car with a lot of miles

IAmGettingAMailOrderBride

I'm Getting A Mail Order Bride
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
BlackieRobinson
my friend says its better to get older car with low miles (120K or less)
when I say older I mean like early 2000s and a gas sipper

I was looking at a 2000 nissan sentra GXE with 114K miles, so would that be good?

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
my friend says its better to get older car with low miles (120K or less)
when I say older I mean like early 2000s and a gas sipper

I was looking at a 2000 nissan sentra GXE with 114K miles, so would that be good?
Well, it depends on the car. If it's a crappy car, it doesn't matter if it has low miles or high miles, it's not worth buying.
With a better car, a low mileage used car is worth it. Some people don't put a lot of miles on their car and that creates less wear on parts that wear out over really long distances. Like bearings, seals, belts, hoses, etc.

Heafcliffe

Hope there's puddin' in the clink...
Daps
Reppin
Districto de Columbia
Depends on the car. I'd take an old LS Lexus or Maxima with low miles over a new Acura or Infiniti with high miles. You still going to pay more for a new car.

Older car means cheaper price on parts to replace

Well, it depends on the car. If it's a crappy car, it doesn't matter if it has low miles or high miles, it's not worth buying.
With a better car, a low mileage used car is worth it. Some people don't put a lot of miles on their car and that creates less wear on parts that wear out over really long distances. Like bearings, seals, belts, hoses, etc.

Old car with low miles any day of the week.

Any mechanic, body shop and insurance adjustor will tell you this.

Trust a vigga on this (i'm in the industry).

Hee hee.

So would y'all approve of a 2003 Infiniti I35 with 62k miles? Former Diplomat car (used in the DC area). CarFax look decent too.

Selling for $8k.

Last edited:

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
So would y'all approve of a 2003 Infiniti I35 with 62k miles? Former Diplomat car (used in the DC area). CarFax look decent too.

Selling for $8k.
Well, test drive. Have a mechanic look at it. Forget the fact that it's been a diplomat car. That doesn't mean anything.
It's in the ball park for cars with similar mileage, year, model.

Heafcliffe

Hope there's puddin' in the clink...
Daps
Reppin
Districto de Columbia
Well, test drive. Have a mechanic look at it. Forget the fact that it's been a diplomat car. That doesn't mean anything.
It's in the ball park for cars with similar mileage, year, model.

take it to a mechanic or firestone and get a 100 point inspection first then go from there.

Thanks, brehs. Question for ya. Can anyone help me out and provide an Autocheck "subscription" password? Unfortunately and humble to admit, I won't have the $30 until I get my accident check.

wutang512

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Thanks, brehs. Question for ya. Can anyone help me out and provide an Autocheck "subscription" password? Unfortunately and humble to admit, I won't have the $30 until I get my accident check.

I know nothing about Autocheck bruh

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
I've never heard of AutoCheck. I don't have autocheck or carfax subscription.
Even without it, you can do a visual inspection for possible accident repair. One of the easiest ways to walk around the car and inspect all the gaps. This includes the hood to the quarter panels, the trunk to the rear quarter panels, the front bumper to the quarter panels, the rear bumper to the quarter panels, the doors and the quarter panels. The gap should be even from the start to the end. If it is a little wider or narrower at one end than the other, then that panel or door has been removed and put back on or replaced for a body repair job. Basically, you are looking for misalignment. Out of the factory, the gaps are all even.