Is it normal for alot of hair to come off when you are picking your hair?

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Is it normal for hair to come off when you are picking your hair? Specifically a fro or other long natural hairstyles.

giphy.gif

I know its a weird measurment, but i feel like a get about a half teaspoon worth of hair in my comb every morning. Dunno if this is normal tho...:patrice:

Dont get me wrong, its still growing. I definitely oil it and all that. I can even tell the fro is getting longer, but seems like a lot of hair is lost . Also occasionally, i get little silver/greyish bases to the hair strands that i find stuck in the comb. Any advice coliBrehs?:feedme:

ScottyG

Separate the boys from men
Daps
Yeah it's normal for folks with alot of hair.

You could definitely minimize the amount that comes out by taking best care possible, but you def not going bald or nothing lol

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Yeah it's normal for folks with alot of hair.

You could definitely minimize the amount that comes out by taking best care possible, but you def not going bald or nothing lol
denzel-washington-relief.gif

I heard picks aren't the best for our hair. Its better to use a wide toothed comb. Preferably a wooden one
:ohhh: Thanks. I'll check this out.

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
Yes, it's very normal even if I get it being a little bit distressing. It's "normal" to lose 50 to a 100 strands per day without even doing it.

When you comb, you pick up broken/fallen hair from previous days.

Just don't do like me and go weeks without really detangling in depth or it's gonna be something :wow:

east

Screwed up... till tha casket drops!!
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
Just don't do like me and go weeks without really detangling in depth or it's gonna be something :wow:
sometimes when i get really depressed and don't brush for a while i gotta deal with this shyt :mjcry:

one of the best tools i've found for detangling really fukked up hair is a set of plastic or brass picks like this:
and then once the gunk is out :hhh: finish it off with the wet brush and a normal comb/pick, there's minimal hair damage but it takes forever to do

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
sometimes when i get really depressed and don't brush for a while i gotta deal with this shyt :mjcry:

one of the best tools i've found for detangling really fukked up hair is a set of plastic or brass picks like this:
and then once the gunk is out :hhh: finish it off with the wet brush and a normal comb/pick, there's minimal hair damage but it takes forever to do
Dealing with the aftermath of those periods is the worst :wow:

I've been hand detangling for years and never heard of or seen that tool though :ohhh: You might have changed my life right there