is it silly i'm torn between a 2015 i8 or a 2014 tricked out Jeep Wrangler?

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
How is the ride? I've heard it's not really that smooth and I hate driving something where I can feel everything. Until you posted this I had my mind made up that I was going to get the i8 but not I'm back having second thoughts. I love the fact that it's a simple car but it's a classic car you can build up and really make it fly. What you see is what you get but there's something fly and rugged about it at the same time. If I do get one, it's definitely gonna be a 2-door because the 4 doors look bulky as shyt.
It drives like a truck :heh:.

Some have adjusted the ride with shocks but you gotta do your research and see what's worked best .

Best part of a Wrangler is making it your own .

Stealth

They know the face and they know the name
Daps
Reppin
the streets
One is a completely impractical $100,000 used futuristic looking novelty super car (though 0-60 in 4.2 isn't exactly 'super'). You'll need a daily driver.

The other is a stiff riding do anything anywhere everyday vehicle.

For $100k buy a Wrangler for everyday use and buy a Cayman GTS for the weekend. Forget about the i8.
Cayman GTS is not just a weekend, its a DD

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
Cayman GTS is not just a weekend, its a DD
Daily Driver is subjective. To you...it might be a daily driver.

To me a Cayman GTS is not a daily driver. I drive too many miles a day when I'm not working from home. Those miles will kill it with depreciation. I wouldn't be able to resell it to anyone other than a teenage boy who wants a sports car with 70k miles on it. Up against the GTS's with less than 10k on it by enthusiasts who weekend it. Maintenance and reliability would also be an issue simply because it's bespoke and not meant to have all those miles put on it. It wouldn't be the bullet proof Porsche engine I would worry about. It would be everything around it.

It also doesn't have enough room for luggage when I travel. It's not very practical. shyt...my M2 that I daily is barely practical when it comes to luggage space. The GTS is 10000x worse. Long trips would also be a concern on that suspension. Especially if you live anywhere other than a warm weather city (less potholes and bumps).

Daily driver goes way beyond "is it possible to drive on a day to day basis." That's short sighted. If you can truly afford a GTS you should be able to afford the hoopty that comes with it for day to day stuff.

Stealth

They know the face and they know the name
Daps
Reppin
the streets
Daily Driver is subjective. To you...it might be a daily driver.

To me a Cayman GTS is not a daily driver. I drive too many miles a day when I'm not working from home. Those miles will kill it with depreciation. I wouldn't be able to resell it to anyone other than a teenage boy who wants a sports car with 70k miles on it. Up against the GTS's with less than 10k on it by enthusiasts who weekend it. Maintenance and reliability would also be an issue simply because it's bespoke and not meant to have all those miles put on it. It wouldn't be the bullet proof Porsche engine I would worry about. It would be everything around it.

It also doesn't have enough room for luggage when I travel. It's not very practical. shyt...my M2 that I daily is barely practical when it comes to luggage space. The GTS is 10000x worse. Long trips would also be a concern on that suspension. Especially if you live anywhere other than a warm weather city (less potholes and bumps).

Daily driver goes way beyond "is it possible to drive on a day to day basis." That's short sighted. If you can truly afford a GTS you should be able to afford the hoopty that comes with it for day to day stuff.
personally I never understood spending all that money on a car only to drive it on the weekend, just my perspective

I see GTS Porsches all the time though people use it as a DD. :yeshrug:

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
personally I never understood spending all that money on a car only to drive it on the weekend, just my perspective

I see GTS Porsches all the time though people use it as a DD. :yeshrug:

Breh I'm in LA/OC. GTS/GT4/911/GT3/RS etc etc are like Honda Civics out here. I saw a 918 at a Whole Foods just last week parked next to a 911 GTIII RS. I couldn't tell you if they are daily's though because I don't know the people driving them.

But I'll tell you one thing. I can guarantee you that in most cases it's not their only cars.

I guess when you're young and single and got money to blow it can work out the way you describe. I had a $1000+ car payment on a daily just 5 years ago.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
I got a 14 Wrangler and posted mine in another thread. It's about one of the nicest that you can get. I get compliments daily.

But with that said, if you're a coupe guy and you can afford an i8 go for that.

I'm a coupe guy all day, and only got my jeep because initially I needed to get to work in all weather. Otherwise, I love speed and styling.