Is Kid Cudi's "Inside Out" the 'Whitest song' that a Black Person has ever performed?

Somebody

All Star
Daps
Nah just the way you're trying to construe it. You're projecting an insecurity onto me because of my "tone". How about you dont come at me with that fake deep shyt. I'm a trained jazz and blues musician, please tell me about a depth. Him being a bad guitarist doesnt discredit his other work, which I like very much. I'm not using Tosin to shyt on hip-hop. I'm saying we inevitability rule these sonic artforms in the end. Like I said in another thread "The best guitarist alive has never not been a black man". I shouldnt have to explain that

fake deep is a bold accusation from someone who "trained" for something innovated by slaves with traditions anathema to their captors, the ones that control how most "training" is done. :ld: so idek how "deep" your training is.

you're saying im the one that's "hurt" for having a strong opinion, but im not out here throwing around shallow epithets.

if conversing about music isn't that deep then like i said, neither is your training :ufdup:

but we all kno what "not that deep" really means, so let's just respect this impasse. :hubie:

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
fake deep is a bold accusation from someone who "trained" for something innovated by slaves with traditions anathema to their captors, the ones that control how most "training" is done. :ld: so idek how "deep" your training is.

you're saying im the one that's "hurt" for having a strong opinion, but im not out here throwing around shallow epithets.

if conversing about music isn't that deep then like i said, neither is your training :ufdup:

but we all kno what "not that deep" really means, so let's just respect this impasse. :hubie:
Dawg you're questioning my blackness because I learned music from a modern teacher. You're on the same coin hipster cacs are on. This is why even music reviews from non musicians suck. Are music teachers supposed not supposed to pass shyt down? i did learn to bend notes from a black man come on now

You're calling me out for being pretentious I guess but there you go doing the same thing. Joining in jamming, experienced or not is a deep music conversation. Talking is shallow because techniques are for cacs right

Last edited:

Somebody

All Star
Daps
Dawg you're questioning my blackness because I learned music from a modern teacher. You're on the same coin hipster cacs are on. This is why even music reviews from non musicians suck. Are music teachers supposed not supposed to pass shyt down? i did learn to bend notes from a black man come on now

You're calling me out for being pretentious I guess but there you go doing the same thing. Joining in jamming, experienced or not is a deep music conversation. Talking is shallow because techniques are for cacs right

technique is cool when it's not couched in exclusion. western art works that way and it's even more evident when it encroaches upon black spaces.

the streets is one of the only places my ppl's art can thrive without a false sense of judgement.

imo technique should be measured after the fact that something worthy of being measured has occurred.

but in western art, if you didn't follow the predicated criteria in the first place, you won't even get observed.

for instance, i've seen ppl come into the studio with little technical experience, but a high degree of "technical ability" in merely the fact that they did something completely new. that is the essence of humanity and life or even a glimpse into freedom. they gave me something new to measure and reproduce in my own way.

i believe what im getting at is the scientific method. yes, that is a western concept, but it is rarely employed within the spirit of modern western science. the fact that science is often upheld as an alternative to religion is a testament to backwards observation techniques popular in intellectual circles today.

rock music is suppose to be simple. for example, the bo diddley beat. its complex in its simplicity.

thats what i like about insides out. that's what i like about music. if it's truly terrible, i have no desire to describe it. just destroy it. that's why you'll rarely see me in a logic thread.

but good music to me inspires various forms of meaning. for many ppl here, it's a reason to uphold cobain's legacy as if a lot of bleach wasn't a bunch of repetitive cacophony.

for me, it's what makes sb2h so special. many of y'all see it as pastiche, but i see brave originality.

cobain often obscured himself in lofty metaphors where cudi decided to strip his words of far reaching metaphors keeping him in the tradition of many seminal works in soul and hip-hop. the loftiness is in the lyricism and not the words themselves, so him using that style in a completely different world is bound to come off as cringy sometimes.

sb2h cannot be broken down traditionally the same way many hip-hop classics cannot be broken down in a classroom. there's not even a name in institutions for what these dudes have been doing for a long fukkin time now.

i know this diatribe is loaded and im not unpacking it, so it's cool if u joined team didn't read a while ago. it was jus good to discuss this, even if it comes out one sided. :yeshrug:

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
not a fan of cudi since his first mixtape/album. but i actually fw this album heavy. in fact, insides out is one of my favorite off the tape. :whew:

and putting whitest and music next to each other don't make sense in this country if my people aint involved. u cacs don't innovate shyt. :martin:

this thread is exactly why sb2h is what tpab was suppose to be. :blessed:

y'all callin this man out of his culture for doing something that's a part of his culture. then got the nerve to put cac cobain up on some comparative pedestal like that's how rock suppose to be done. u cacs is forever fukkin bold n cowardly. kenny album fit into the box u cacs want to put my people in. so that's suppose to be the "pro-black" album. foh. sb2h is the album for my people.

and u cacs can't tell me shyt, cause u can never understand. like kenny said, it's in MY dna. fukk all your cac stats.:pacspit:

Your post made me buy this album and to be real... Man fukked around and made a r great alternative rock album.

Probably one of the best rock albums I've heard in years. If you like this genre there's no skippable tracks