Is Marciano the most overrated heavy weight boxer alltime?

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
You can talk woulda shoulda's all day, but it doesn't change the fact that Tyson ducked Foreman. These are facts

:russ:

What facts? I don't recall thousands of people clamoring for Tyson to fight Foreman. The same Foreman that lost to glass chin ass Tommy Morrision. :snoop:

You making this fight sound like it was Bowe/Lewis when in actuality it's not. Now Bowe/Lewis was a duck job. Tyson/Foreman was just another fight that was casually suggested but with no real intention of being made because nobody wanted to see it. In that same article nikkas posted you got dude saying Foreman would of knocked Tyson out in 3 rounds. When has a young Tyson ever been knocked out cold that early in a fight? That right there should of let nikkas know that article was straight :aicmon: status, but nah nikkas just content with believing and passing on myths.

:manny:

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
What else can you judge Tyson on? :yeshrug:
Prime Mike lost to Buster Douglas :childplease:

Hes a top 10/15 HW but he does not belong in the same conversation as Ali/Foreman/even Lennox

Prime Louis lost to Schmelling. Prime Ali got a number of gift decisions. Prime Lewis lost to Oliver McCall and Rahman. So what does one bad loss prove?

Not to mention Tyson had no notable ducks during his reign and had cleaned out the division.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
And can we stop the shyt about prime Holyfield taking out Mike like it's a guarantee. PRIME Tyson through combos and used lots of head movement and angles to set up his punches and had a great defense on top of the offense. The version that Holyfield beat was obsessed with one punch knockouts and using a simple duck and homerun swing to try and get inside and wasn't really concerned about defense. Completely different fighters.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
So you think the historians are rating Mike low because he's Black? :comeon:

Not because he is black, but because he was unforgiveably black, like his predecessor Jack Johnson, who should be ranked the greatest heavyweight of all times without question, but for some "odd" reason he isn't.

Majestic Pape

The-Coli = W SOHH = L
Daps
Not because he is black, but because he was unforgiveably black, like his predecessor Jack Johnson, who should be ranked the greatest heavyweight of all times without question, but for some "odd" reason he isn't.

Yet Ali is consistently at the top of the heavyweight rankings. Let me guess, Ali wasn't "unforgivably Black" though? :sitdown:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I dont think Tyson would ever beat a guy like Holyfield, just like I dont think Louis would ever beat Marciano. Styles make fights. Those headbutts would have fukked up Tyson every time. Evander was one tough mother. Louis also said even in his prime he would have problems with Rocky.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yet Ali is consistently at the top of the heavyweight rankings. Let me guess, Ali wasn't "unforgivably Black" though? :sitdown:

Before the age of rampant capitalism and his disease. Yes, and the masses hated Ali with vigor. He received death threats daily, and was considered to be less than scum in the eyes of many white Americans. Only because he stood up for what he believed in and was a dissenting voice that could influence millions of minorities

How did this all change? When Ali career was over, he was a shell of himself and the onset of parkinson's disease had begun.

Shiit for most of the 80s he was a running punchline on every comdey show. Often portrayed as a clueless over the hill fighter that was losing his mind. He kind of became a sympathetic figure that no one feared politically anymore.

His wife got a PR team and some investors together in the late 80s and and created a new whitewashed image of him. Even when his biography dropped in the 90s, it didn't talk about his political stances or his association with the nation of islam.

It was profitable to parade Ali as the greatest, even though a lot of those same "historians" did not have him ranked as high during the later stages of his career.

The new harmless image of Ali was loveable and profitable. Now Ali is legitimately one of the goats, but if he didn't have this illness and was able to continue to be an activist/political figure, he would not be labeled as the unaminous GOAT

My grandaddy worked in the coal mines, and before he died, I remember him telling me that if his boss heard him and his friends discussing Ali's stance against the vietnam war, you were fired on the spot and wasn't ish you could do about it

mr x

Superstar
Daps
dude was fighting pizza chefs

and boxcar cats

250px-090.jpg

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:heh: honestly, you have every right to believe dat if u want, and i aint gonna hate that u do, but to me, dat shyt sounds made up as fukk:mindblown:

as for the bolded, dat sounds like they describing a prime foremon to me
george foremon did dat shyt to frazier damn near 20 years prior:heh:

exxxxzackleeee

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And can we stop the shyt about prime Holyfield taking out Mike like it's a guarantee. PRIME Tyson through combos and used lots of head movement and angles to set up his punches and had a great defense on top of the offense. The version that Holyfield beat was obsessed with one punch knockouts and using a simple duck and homerun swing to try and get inside and wasn't really concerned about defense. Completely different fighters.

thats all i'm saying. prime mike vs prime Holyfield would've been a good one. i'm given the edge to mike. i think it would've been a razor ruddock showdown personally. fireworks all fight long cause holyfield could take a punch.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Foreman was simply too dangerous and not worth the risk because Tyson had nothing to gain fighting an old man...This fight would have done nothing good for Tyson's legacy...That was the same situation as the Holmes fight...After Tyson whooped his ass all you'd hear from the media is that he beat on an old man...Nobody would give dude any credit for fighting an old but still very dangerous fighter...

The issue with talking Tyson is that his fans drastically overrate him with if arguments and his haters drastically underrate him based off fights dude clearly wasn't at his best...Tyson skills wise was truly one of a kind...That combination of speed, power and precision was never seen before in the HW division and still to this day has never been seen again...The only thing that held him back physically was his height...

That said Tyson wasn't some invincible unstoppable force...Mentally he was a trainwreck and he never could handle adversity inside the ring or outside of it...Hence why many laugh at the thought of dude whooping Ali or Foreman...

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
:what:

FOH with degrading Wilt Chamberlain like that. He dominated HOFers when e was out his prime. I don't give a fukk what your view is on Rocky Marciano just don't denigrate Wilt Chamberlain.

I wouldn't say he dominated HOFer outta his prime but he did show them that he was stilll the man.