Is my boy Melo gonna get any jersey retired???

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Melo doesnt have enough laid down in Nuggets history for the current generation to remember him as one imo. For alot of people, #StayMe7o starts with his knicks journey. Which is completely reasonable, as he was one of the most talked about athletes in the second biggest market of bball. I just think unlike Bron in CLE and Wade in MIA, the lore hasnt spread between 90s-2000s watchers and the current generation.

this shouldnt have any bearing on whether or not he gets a jersey retired, I just think it'll result in heavy bias on which franchise should be doing it.

Collateral

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
NY will, and Denver should. Jokic is not an issue because players never stay with the same team these days anyways.

No..Money..Mo..Problems

it is what it is
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide
The situation in Denver depends on what Jokics does. If Jokic keeps balling out, makes a couple decent playoff runs and stays there longer than melo did it will complicate things. I think Denver wanted to retire melos jersey after his career was over but they didn't think much of jokic when they gave him that 15. Or they could just ask him if he's ok with changing his jersey number next year if he resigns with them long term. Players change jersey numbers all the time so by the time he's in his prime people will get accustomed to him in his new number.

Last edited: