Is the PS VR2 the next Vita?

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
A few months ago people couldn't stop talking about this thing, has it really fallen off that hard. It seems like the Quest 3 is now the hot VR product of this holiday season.

Sony being Sony.

My VR2 sits under my television, almost taunting me whenever I’m on the couch. It’s covered in Pokemon stickers, and it hasn’t been used for months. Unfortunately, this is a familiar feeling. My PlayStation Vita watches me from a shelf just above head level whenever I’m at my desk. It hasn’t been used in years, and I should probably put it in its pouch to stop it from getting any dustier, but I like looking at it. Hands down, it’s one of the most elegant handhelds of all time.

PlayStation has a stellar track record when it comes to home consoles, but its history with peripherals and portables is a little spottier. Part of the problem seems to be that the company is seemingly incapable of learning from its past mistakes, and I’m afraid I’m beginning to see errors made with the Vita being replicated with the PS VR2.

ForeverLurking

Posts as a Service
Daps
Reppin
The Place Where Dreams Go To Die
Eh. They should be bringing more of their IP to that realm. Horizon was a good start but there's plenty others that both seem like a natural fit (Killzone, Resistance) as well as some that VR would bring a fresh perspective to (God of War, Ghost of Tsushima, Uncharted, TLOU, Infamous, Days Gone, Ratchet & Clank, Sack Boy).
Not even mentioning the older shyt (Twisted Metal, Jumping Flash, Ape Escape, Syphon Filter, Siren, SOCOM).
Unfortunately they likely don't think the return will be worth the effort

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
shyt been dead.

They thought VR would be lots more popular than it ended up being. It didn’t really take off, But by that point they had already developed psvr2. So they threw it out there to make a bit of $ off the hardware.

Putting big money toward VR games makes zero sense for anyone right now

4-Rin

Superstar
Daps
shyt been dead.

They thought VR would be lots more popular than it ended up being. It didn’t really take off, But by that point they had already developed psvr2. So they threw it out there to make a bit of $ off the hardware.

Putting big money toward VR games makes zero sense for anyone right now

It would be bigger if it received more support but Sony is being lazy. Meta Quest is better because it can play games from the previous generation. All the shyt I have on my PSVR 1 is useless.

Gran Turismo 7 is the only game I return to since I'm not a fan of horror games. They have shyt like Astro Bot from the PSVR 1 and they don't even want to port that over. They need to hit up EA and ask them to port over Star Wars Squadrons.

If they made a remake of something like Killzone 2 in VR that shyt would be epic

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Eh. They should be bringing more of their IP to that realm. Horizon was a good start but there's plenty others that both seem like a natural fit (Killzone, Resistance) as well as some that VR would bring a fresh perspective to (God of War, Ghost of Tsushima, Uncharted, TLOU, Infamous, Days Gone, Ratchet & Clank, Sack Boy).
Not even mentioning the older shyt (Twisted Metal, Jumping Flash, Ape Escape, Syphon Filter, Siren, SOCOM).
Unfortunately they likely don't think the return will be worth the effort
Random modders add VR to damn near every game as a hobbie, how hard can it be?

I feel like every fps should have a vr mode.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
It would be bigger if it received more support but Sony is being lazy. Meta Quest is better because it can play games from the previous generation. All the shyt I have on my PSVR 1 is useless.

Gran Turismo 7 is the only game I return to since I'm not a fan of horror games. They have shyt like Astro Bot from the PSVR 1 and they don't even want to port that over. They need to hit up EA and ask them to port over Star Wars Squadrons.

If they made a remake of something like Killzone 2 in VR that shyt would be epic
The main issue with VR is most of the games built for it feel like tech demos. $550 is alot of money for a few good VR games and a ton of 2 hour demos.

I think alot more people would use it if you could play shyt like call of duty and battlefield online with it.

Sony should throw a bag for a vr mode in cyberpunk.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

It’s not about being lazy.

VR games are just a bad investment right now. The users just aren’t there to support big money being spent on software.

It’s either gotta be a VR mode in a traditional game, or a smaller VR “experince” Otherwise the economics just aren’t there.

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
The main issue with VR is most of the games built for it feel like tech demos. $550 is alot of money for a few good VR games and a ton of 2 hour demos.

I think alot more people would use it if you could play shyt like call of duty and battlefield online with it.

Sony should throw a bag for a vr mode in cyberpunk.
Cyberpunk VR is already playable on Quest 3. Technically, so is Call of Duty and BF. We are already playing Gamepass on Quest 3 but the official Gamepass app comes out this month.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Cyberpunk VR is already playable on Quest 3. Technically, so is Call of Duty and BF. We are already playing Gamepass on Quest 3 but the official Gamepass app comes out this month.
That's all mods tho, I'm talking about VR being supported officially in every game with a first person perspective.

• Dap
Reactions: B86

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
That's all mods tho, I'm talking about VR being supported officially in every game with a first person perspective.
Still a mod, I guess, but that's what Vorpx on PCVR/Quest does...turns flat gaming into VR

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Still a mod, I guess, but that's what Vorpx on PCVR/Quest does...turns flat gaming into VR
Sure, but that has nothing to do with what I'm talking about.

SONY should be doing more to make games like cyberpunk, battlefield, Destiny, etc PSVR compatible. They aren't doing enough to sell that hardware, which is what this thread is about.

• Dap
Reactions: B86