Is there a movie/show that you've tried to watch repeatedly but just cant finish

Lazy Migrant

Migrated
Supporter
Daps
For me its Looper. SciFi is my favorite genre and Looper is generally well liked but for some reason I can sit through it. Ive tried to watch it about four or five times and for some reason I cant finish it. I either fall asleep or do something else.

A show I cant finish is Deadwood. I recall someone saying Walking Dead was a show about the breakdown of society and Deadwood was a show about the establishment of society. Thats all I needed to give it a try. I usually enjoy Westerns but around the third or fourth episode I just stop. The show seems dope but I either fall asleep or something.

Lazy Migrant

Migrated
Supporter
Daps
Interstellar, I seriously have fallen asleep on this 3 to 4 times and when I wake up it still isn't nearly done. :russell:

Mad Men, I can't muster a care about advertising and/or suburban drama in the olden days. I tried. :manny:

These are exactly the type of movies/shows Im talking about.

I finished Intersellar, and the only reason was because I missed my flight and was stuck in a Motel. I think I may have fell asleep watching it too. :russ:

Mad Men has got mad critical acclaim but I always put off watching it because of how unappealing the setting of the show comes off to me.

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Sopranos - just not into the whole mob genre anymore and haven't been since the 90s.Never made it through season 1

Justified - haven't started watching this atleast 5 times over the years but never make it through season 1

Ray Donovan - was basically forcing myself to watch but its too boring and the episodes feel too long

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Tried getting into Man in the High Castle...love the premise but 3 eps in...it didn't pan out like I thought it would...and haven't tried since then.

American Horror Story S2 - First few eps were :ld:, heard it got crazier like the other AHS seasons, but still haven't revisited this one.

Daps
SHIELD - I know I know, I've watched season 1 maybe like 2 twice last year and like 2008. But every time I get to season 2 episode 1 I just fall off a cliff.

True Blood - Another show I stopped after season 1. Think I watched season 1 twice. Later I heard that show because horrible and never cared to become disappointed like everyone else.
Mr. Robot was one I overcame. I think I've seen the first 3 episodes of that show 3 times :mjlol: Finally finished it 2 weeks before season 2 started and still haven't seen an episode of season 2.

Young Justice - I've seen season 1 like 3 times. But every time I watch the first episode of season 2 I'm like :dwillhuh::what:

Samurai Champloo - Seen the first 4-5 episodes like 3 times and can't get past that.

Yeah, typing this all out I definitely have a trend. I'm tempted to watch America Horror Story again, but I know my pattern at this point. Sense 8 is about to go on this list.

(SN: Short story, my girl has never heard of Sense 8 or seen me watching Sense 8. So I'm watching and all a sudden THAT sex scene that if you've seen the show you know what I'm talking about comes on. My girlfriend walks in the room at exactly that moment and has the :dwillhuh::comeon: face. I look at her like :whoa: babe let me explain! :mjlol:)

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
1. Citizen Kane. I try every year, and half way through I'm bored to tears. I just don't get why people think this is the best movie of all time???:mindblown: I'll try again next year and see if something changes.
2. The Artist. Some silent movies are OK, but I can't get through this one. Tried twice, won't try again.
3. The Help. I tried to ignore my anger, but every time I try watching this, I just get pissed off and change the channel.
4. Slumdog Millionaire. It just bores me to tears. I tried it twice.
5. Million Dollar Baby. See above.
6. Rocky Horror Picture Show. I like some of the songs I've heard, but trying to watch the film in its entirety makes me want to pull my hair out. It's too out there to hold my attention.