Is There A Way To Make a Sample Keep Going Without Looping?

TripleAgent

Holding my nuts fukking thousand dollar lesbians
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
This may not be phrased well. I am sampling a vocal chip from the end of a song. It fades out kinda fast. I think I can make up for some of it by automating the volume going up to compensate, but I need it to ride longer. Is there a way to do this?

kingdizzy01

ATXBBOY
Daps
Reppin
ATX x Jersey Devil x Little Caribbean/Flatbush MF
This may not be phrased well. I am sampling a vocal chip from the end of a song. It fades out kinda fast. I think I can make up for some of it by automating the volume going up to compensate, but I need it to ride longer. Is there a way to do this?

what i used to do is fade in starting from the part where it starts to fades out, then loop from there as necessary. adding reverb can help cut down the chopping/loop sound. rephrase that, and you’ll figure it out.

full

GPBear

The Tape Crusader
Daps
Reppin
Bay-to-PDX
what i used to do is fade in starting from the part where it starts to fades out, then loop from there as necessary. adding reverb can help cut down the chopping/loop sound. rephrase that, and you’ll figure it out.

full
yea Dilla used that technique a lot to stretch out microsamples, if the sample's 4 beats, you chop the 4th one and repeat it

you can also just time stretch the sample, or normalize the transient and time stretch the very end.
might be able to get away with making a copy of the sample, time-stretching it hella long, then re-tuning it and putting it behind the vocals in the background + some reverb on the first sample to blend it.

Depending how weird you wanna get, you can also just reverse the sample and overlay it on the og sample, then mix it.

Or just Prem it and make the loop itself hella short.

Last edited:

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
In ableton and logic samplers you can choose a point for it to loop on itself after the beginning of the sample triggers.

So say it's a girl going Ohhhhh.

But you want it to be Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

You can set a start and end point somewhere near the end of the sample that loop well on eachother and essentially make it play as long as you hold it.

Karume

All Star
Daps
In ableton and logic samplers you can choose a point for it to loop on itself after the beginning of the sample triggers.

You can set a start and end point somewhere near the end of the sample that loop well on eachother and essentially make it play as long as you hold it.
hmm, in filmora you can input a sound and then elongate the duration which would give a similar effect to what you are saying I think.......

TripleAgent

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

full

yea Dilla used that technique a lot to stretch out microsamples, if the sample's 4 beats, you chop the 4th one and repeat it

you can also just time stretch the sample, or normalize the transient and time stretch the very end.
might be able to get away with making a copy of the sample, time-stretching it hella long, then re-tuning it and putting it behind the vocals in the background + some reverb on the first sample to blend it.

Depending how weird you wanna get, you can also just reverse the sample and overlay it on the og sample, then mix it.

Or just Prem it and make the loop itself hella short.

Appreciate it. Didn't think of that. Might turn out better that way. Just have to be creative.

TripleAgent

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

Using Reason with Serato Sample. Thanks, though.

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You could stretch the last part of the sample and do it in a way where the pitch is not affected.

You might get some weird sounds out of it that you could then mask with filtering or reverb maybe.