Is this “we are not a monolith” talk code for “I am one of the good ones”?

Discussion in 'The Locker Room' started by BmoreGorilla, Aug 20, 2018.

1. blackgentlemenvoice

blackgentlemenvoice Pro

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $300500.00

How do some of y’all give white people SOOO much power.
    Here a tip, if any of these others you guys argue with can’t name a affluent black community or inventor or pioneer. You shouldn’t be arguing with them or take ANYTHING they say seriously.

As for the hoodrat and deadbeat. I don’t say anything negative in others company, only around my circle and family, call it whatever you want but it keep us accountable and to Never get lazy & go back.

Serious and Young Buck dapped this.
  2. Wisdomkeyz

Wisdomkeyz Banned

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Wisdom
    Coli Cash:
    $500.00

Low self esteem

Young Buck dapped this.
  3. Benefited

Benefited Banned

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $225500.00

Well hopefully its clear that I'm not saying that that is always the case when people say this,I thought that would be obvious.Just like a woman with a septum ring and natural hair doesn't always mean a woman is a bedwench:mjlol:.This thread is just noting that ALOT of times,that the phrase is coded talk like OP said for different reasons.

And who said they weren't talking to white people?These people often occupy white spaces. And always find themselves having to explain all black questions,or defending what doesn't need to be defended regarding black people. I'd say some of those stereotypes would be being loud,looking down on our clothing choices,being "ghetto",speaking using ebonics instead of "proper english". Things some of us may choose to spend our money on that is deemed comical: like jewelry/rims/shoesmartin:

philmonroe dapped this.
  4. GreenGhxst

GreenGhxst Veteran

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    austin, tx pull up
    Coli Cash:
    $1000.00

We aren't a monolith, if used in the right context is not c00ning

We've always been perceived as one in the same, which is why "he set black folks back another 100 years" is such a c00nish/common statement I'd hear growing up

WE are individuals, but just because we're individuals that does not mean we aren't pro black

I'm sure as shyt not holding myself accountable for another nikkas fukk shyt because I'm black

Now if you're kekeing around white folks on some c00n shyt, like I'm different from them then its c00ning

Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
  5. Slangtonomo

Slangtonomo Formerly Slang Dussain Ali

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    www.weohh.com
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

It's more an excuse for nikkas to do what the fukk they want with no responsibility to the community. I been pointed this out.

6. Slangtonomo

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    www.weohh.com
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

I see people are missing the point of when that phrase is really used.

That phrase is thrown out when we're discussing power moves as a GROUP! When we discuss creating a code!

No ones concerned cause some of you like cosplay, anime, bean casserole. Naw, yall have a fit when we start talking about standards for the community that you bytch nikkas fly in with the ":damn: you can't hold me to that standard...we're not a monolith!!!"

I've made countless threads with ideas and suggestions for the black community and unity, and you bytch nikkas trip over yourselves yelling "it won't work cause we're not a monnnnnolith!"

7. DLaren

DLaren Banned

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $500.00

Trump hasn't been that bad.
    I'm going to watch the NFL this year (and the next...)
    The National Guard should be sent to Chicago.
    Rap music has done more harm than good to our community.

...these are my opinions, yet a lot of you are probably clutching your pearls as you read my thoughts, and that's why some of us have to remind a lot of you that 'we aren't a monolith'.

Just because I look like you, and probably sound like you, doesn't mean I have to *think* like you, too.

We play for the same team, I'm just trying to get us to use a different playbook.

8. philmonroe

philmonroe Superstar

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    The 215
    Coli Cash:
    $382501.00

Nobody missing the point we just don't agree. Seriously do we even have proof that folks are doing this like y'all claim? Breh nobody trying to hear your Internet ramblings go out in the real world if you want folks to take you seriously. nikkas come on here mad nobody following your Internet bullshyt with no reason for anybody to follow you types. Stop it

Young Buck dapped this.
  9. BmoreGorilla

BmoreGorilla Veteran

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Man, woman, and child
    Coli Cash:
    $169600.39

Real shyt

HarlemHottie dapped this.
  10. Slangtonomo

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    www.weohh.com
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

If I wasn't lazy I would pull up countless threads I made with solutions that will raise the black COMMUNITY and not individuals. Can't say you come thru with the "monolith" thing, it's more your speed to come thru with the "get off the internet" shyt.

If I introduce something on here it's for feedback and thought, not to get you nikkas signed up. Of course I know it takes real world application.

11. BmoreGorilla

BmoreGorilla Veteran

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Man, woman, and child
    Coli Cash:
    $169600.39

Miss the point of the thread brehs

Serious and HarlemHottie dapped this.
  12. philmonroe

philmonroe Superstar

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    The 215
    Coli Cash:
    $382501.00

Honestly don't care about you solutions that have been rehashed on here by you and others countless times. Anybody with a keyboard can toys including me but unless you got actual proof its only so much people trying to hear about your solutions fam. I say the monolith thing and get off the net if its applicable and at times both are.

I just gave you my feedback. Apply it in the real world and come back with some real stuff of how it went instead of just random cats thoughts and feedback. Get that from the people IRL you trying to do your plan with fam.

13. Slangtonomo

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    www.weohh.com
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

Here's the "we're not a monolith" issue:

Suggestion: Black people should stop dating cacs.

Response: We're not monolithic, some of us have a taste for pawgmeat.

Nothing to read between the lines...lemme try again.

Suggestion: Ya know, we should attempt a mutually beneficial partnership with Ghana. If we can gain access to raw resources over there we can begin to grow wealth and influence.

Response: That shyts no good breh...we're not monolithic!

I've noticed that it gets dropped when it has to do with standards and power moves.

14. Slangtonomo

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    www.weohh.com
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

Understood the 1st sentence and the rest too confusing.

I'm sure you don't care...that means it's not for you. KIM then.

However when I can careless about something...ummm...shyt I don't even make an appearance. Probably don't even grace the thread.

Before things are applied in the real world they grow from an idea. The internet is great for bouncing things off a larger and possibly diverse sample. Same reason most companies have or want online surveys.

15. GodsPerspective

GodsPerspective Superstar

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $225500.00

Thanks for doing the Lord's work in this thread. Work got intense for a bit so I couldn't give folks this work like you doin :mjcry::mjgrin:

TheOtherDarkMeat and philmonroe dapped this.