Is this breh speaking Ge'ez or something else?

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
So this breh put me on to basic info on Ge'ez

Its the Ge'ez script. The language is pretty much extinct in spoken form but the alphabet is still being used in Eritrea & Ethiopia. The semitic languages in the horn of Africa like Tigrinya, Amharic, Tigre are all the derived from the Geez language

I don't really understand what you mean, they can still read the alphabet and pronounce the words in their native language? Just like people in Germany can read and write using the english/latin alphabet and pronouncing it in German. No swahili is not spoken in the horn, I think Swahili is a Bantu language and there are no bantus in Eritrea/Ethiopia. The minorities there have historically been Nilotes/Omotics

Edit - @For Da Bag

In doing a little research, I ran across these videos from this site - Ge’ez

So is this breh really Ge'ez or is it really his best approximation of what he thinks is Ge'ez? Or is it something else entirely?

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
Ge'ez is the language that was spoken durin the Axumite era and is a parent language to Tigrinya, Amharic, and Tigre. Even though the language isnt spoken by average people today, its the offically languages of both Eritrea's and Ethiopia's orthodox and catholic churches. We dont know exactly what caused this divide, but looking at history I'd theorize that the language began phasing out with the decline of Axum and the expansion of the arabs in the 7th century as there are arab words in all three of the languages that came from Ge'ez. Then when the jewish Queen Gudit came to dismantle Axumite culture and history in the 10th century, she probably forced the end of the Ge'ez language but potentially in defiance the orthodox church perserved the language in secret.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Ge’ez is still spoken in the Orthodox Church, it was also used by the Beta Israel in their temples/synagogues if I’m not mistaken, so its not extinct. Sadly, there’s more European scholars learning it than African scholars.