Is Time Travel Really Possible? (Which DECADE Would You Like To REVISIT & WHY?)

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
I'm going back to 1619 and killing slaveowners the moment they get off them ships to the Americas and ending slavery before it starts.
:yeshrug:

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
Didn't we have a thread like that similar this week?

Im going back to Jamaica in the 60's and basically hanging out there to imbibe the Golden Age Reggae and witness the sound clashes and Dub producers work their magic.

Sex Luthor

I'm like kryptonite to these thots
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
80s so I can go back to the studio 54 era. I would like to experience disco, clubbing, just being around when the 80s music i love dropped and all the wild shyt that was happening.... oh and the cocaine! A whole lotta cocaine.

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
In a word, no. Time travel isn't possible.

If it were possible, it would only be possible to go to the past, not the future for... quantum physics reasons.

If I could go back in time, I would go back to 2015, not sell my house in Seattle and put every penny I had into AMD stock at $1.70

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
In a word, no. Time travel isn't possible.

If it were possible, it would only be possible to go to the past, not the future for... quantum physics reasons.

If I could go back in time, I would go back to 2015, not sell my house in Seattle and put every penny I had into AMD stock at $1.70
If one could travel at the speed of light which I understand the current laws of physics say you cannot wouldn't you travel to the future?

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
90s I wanna go back to the basics, folks weren't extremely weird and so uptight.

Go back to the 1300-1600 terrorizing cacs with modern tech knowledge etc. I would make sure that the moors would stay in power for a long time

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
If one could travel at the speed of light which I understand the current laws of physics say you cannot wouldn't you travel to the future?

Yes and no. You wouldn't really be "traveling to the future" as much as you would be compressing time. That is, you are, right now in this moment, "traveling to the future" in the same way you describe. This would be more of an acceleration through time, which is absolutely possible.

It would be effectively the same, except that you would still experience the passage of time. So if there was some kind of coefficient of real-time compression to travel to the future, there would be a limit how far you could go based on the length of time you have left to live.

We generally think of the time travel fantasy in instantaneous terms. i.e. I step in a time machine, punch in a date, press a button, and I'm there (within lets say a Planck time). What you're describing would still get you to the future, but it would be limited.

So yes, you can accelerate through time, but you cant jump to "the future" instantaneously. To do that would require precise coordinates in a hypothetical quantum physics matrix which would define the 3-dimensional position of every particle in existence, which we're not gonna get.

Good question, btw.

Last edited:

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.
I'm yet convinced time travel into the past isn't possible - time travel into the future is possible because of the theory of relativity.

If you travel out far enough, you could spend a year in space, while hundreds of years could have passed on Earth.

This is why Bezos, Musk, Richard Branson and others are investing heavy into space.