Isaac Asimov on Overpopulation. This man is scary good at predictions.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Daps
I consider myself a "futurist".
Okay, fukk the rest of what you're talking about-- for now at least. I'm coming back to it. I'm interested to know first and foremost what metrics or disciplines you're using that make you consider yourself a "futurist"

Not asking in an accusatory manner. I just typically see it with folks like Ray Kurzweil and I guess this guy so I'm curious on how the hell people even get here :jbhmm:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
:mjpls:The correct figure for the percentage of the earth's land mass which is actually occupied by humans is .03%.

This post getting 11 daps is an indictment on this forum. :wtf: :mjlol:

Way to not count farmland breh.

We've overrun more than HALF the land on Earth (not counting uninhabitable deserts and mountains), and fukked up most of the rest

You wanna see the craziest stat for how much we've taken over the planetary ecosystem?

96% of all mammal biomass on Earth is humans and their farm animals.

Distribution-of-earths-mammals-1315x1536.png

Take the entire mammal biomass of the entire fukking planet. Every deer, antelope, buffalo, dophin, whale, rodent, bat, rabbit, squirrel, monkey, bear, coyote, elephant, hippo, seal, and kangaroo..... EVERY fukking wild mammal on Earth. Us and our domestic animals outnumber them 24 to 1.

96% of the existing mammal biomass on Earth is just us and our domestic animals. We've directly taken over more than half of the Earth's land area for our own cities, farms, and other operations so that only we can live on it, and wiped out most of the mammals on the remaining land and water too. Everything left on Earth is just a tiny fraction of what once was.

I mean, look at the pigs alone. Just our fukking pigs outweigh all wild mammals on the planet by 3 to 1!!! And cows triple the pigs. And humans are just as numerous as cows (well, really 8x as numerous, cause we weigh 8x less).

I think if some people really understood this graph, it would reframe how they picture environmental issues. We've already pushed up much closer to the breaking point than they realize

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Okay, fukk the rest of what you're talking about-- for now at least. I'm coming back to it. I'm interested to know first and foremost what metrics or disciplines you're using that make you consider yourself a "futurist"

Not asking in an accusatory manner. I just typically see it with folks like Ray Kurzweil and I guess this guy so I'm curious on how the hell people even get here :jbhmm:

I been predicting that one adult is gonna find it almost impossible to afford a house. Even couples will have to start finding other couples to share a house with. Like two siblings and their spouses.

Doesn't sound so far fetched now since housing prices have exploded, but I was saying this 20 years ago.

They gonna take actors and full body scan them, then make the movie like a Pixar movie. Again, sounds obvious now.

The rise of the feminine energy in society. Where niqqas are wearing nail polish and carrying purses. I predict full on makeup soon enough - so called straight males.

Coastal cities like Miami will be abandoned. The Caribbean will someday be 100% resorts that are as sturdy as bomb shelters.

The only inputs are just seeing the trajectory of things.

AI is not a threat to humanity. The threat is gonna be "perfect" humans. Genetic engineering will produce a being that has none of our flaws. Essentially a normal human, but with greater physical prowess and intelligence. This perfected human will also have computerized components that allow them to communicate their very eyesight, thoughts, and hearing to one another (regular humans will have this ability too, but there will be throngs of have nots who could only dream of affording such things). When it comes time for them to take over, we won't stand a chance against them.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Daps
These racist cacs are on their overpopulation nonsense again.
Asia is the region with overpopulation, but they love to throw Africa in as well.
These cacs will gladly march you to gas chambers if you keep agreeing with their ideas.