Isn't it crazy how NFL players get mistreated compared to other athletes?

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
These guys generate the most revenue. They do the most long term damage to their body/brain. Yet they get the contracts with the least amount of security

This has always been mind boggling to me.

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No.They bend down and take because they union is weak and and a lot of the time not united.

calh45

Cal
Daps
You can't commit a ton of money when the next hit could be someone's last moment on a football field. It's a function of how the sport works not the union. The ones that get the money are the ones that prove they can last past the first couple years. Modern day gladiators. We're the mob.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
It's the nature of the beast.

It's the most popular b/c ppl like to see organized train wrecks. Which also makes it the harder for owners to give players long term contracts b/c of the injuries.

I think what they need to do is up the pension, or extend it to more former players. It's not contract millions, but it's better than nothing.

If I had a kid right now though, I would put him in baseball

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Inches
thats why I hate baseball. They're the most pampered of all pro athletes.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If football players had guaranteed contracts none of these veterans would be going hard on the field....

If I'm 29 and just signed a 5 year deal worth alot of money, I ain't about to go all out Ray Lewis style anymore. I'm chillin.

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Inches
also, NBA anf NFL players are dumb and selfish as sh1t. Thats why their unions are a joke. They dont stick together when sh1t gets real. MLB players are at least strong as a union and will miss games and actually go on strike if they feel like they're getting fukked.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Yeah it's a joke

The nfl union is weak because there is no other option, no minor league system nothing/

Baseball has triple a etc can go play in Japan, hockey has ahl and khl and Swedish league, basketball has euro league, china, etc., nfl only cfl where the max salary is 500k

ODOYLE RULES

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Off the Cliff
i've been saying this for the longest. nfl is making the most money yet their players are treated like shyt. plus they are destroying their bodies for the long-term.

baseball is dying, yet their players get treated like royalty. their union must be strong as hell.

Juven

All Star
Daps
Ill never understand it. I guess I didnt understand the business of sports when i was a kid, but i wish someone would tell these dudes to go to baseball. Not fair how they get treated with the CAC owners eating well and cutting players when they get 1 injury. I feel bad dudes like vilma.. hes done..

Tim Tebow

God Bless
Daps
Reppin
On my way to Jax
i've been saying this for the longest. nfl is making the most money yet their players are treated like shyt. plus they are destroying their bodies for the long-term.

baseball is dying, yet their players get treated like royalty. their union must be strong as hell.

This is pretty much what it comes down to. I wonder where the NFL will be in the next 20 years though. With this whole Saints scandal, the lawsuits and now Seau. I see either dark days ahead or the softening of the sport even more than before.