Israeli police chiefs have decided to recommend indicting PM Benjamin Netanyahu for corruption

Dr. Acula

ACCEPT JESUS
Supporter
Daps
I don't follow israeli domestic politics much but from my limited understanding, it seems that the government has been controlled by the far right since Yitzhak Rabin was assassinated with Netenyahu being the leader. Is there any hope of the far right losing power in Israel with this?

Last edited:

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Word?
30usq6o.jpg

BoBurnz

Superstar
Daps
I don't follow israeli domestic politics much but from my limited understanding, it seems that the government has been controlled by the far right since Yitzhak Rabin was assassinated with Netenyahu being the leader. Is there any hope of the far right losing power in Israel with this?
Not unless the opposition can oust the orthodoxy from the political system. While the do not directly participate, they pay an absurd amount of money, prestige, and influence into the political system which makes things difficult to compete for any sort of legislative control.

Rabin being killed is something we in the west don't discuss enough, it's the watershed moment in Middle Eastern history of our generation, it's directly led to a lot of what we now deal with today.

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
Not unless the opposition can oust the orthodoxy from the political system. While the do not directly participate, they pay an absurd amount of money, prestige, and influence into the political system which makes things difficult to compete for any sort of legislative control.

Rabin being killed is something we in the west don't discuss enough, it's the watershed moment in Middle Eastern history of our generation, it's directly led to a lot of what we now deal with today.
Can you talk about this more?

scarhead

All Star
Daps

Are there any worthy opposition in Israel or is this just gonna create a vacuum?