Issa Rae: Insecure ....ladies lets discuss

fckyoupayme

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Yo Momma's Front Porch
I agree with what other people said Issa and Molly are growing as people and growing apart. And their friendship dynamic is changing. It used to be Issa in the 5-year relationship but struggling career and trying to find herself. Molly had a career but struggling in dating. Now Issa is trying to be more financially and professionally stable and not focusing on dating. Molly already has a career and is focused on dating. I feel like most of their relationship Issa was more dependent on Molly and now that the power level is changing, some friendships can't make it.

Someone pointed out on Twitter that Condola and Issa's relationship changed after Condola and Lawrence broke up. That made me look at her differently and Molly in the same light. Like when Condola was dating Lawrence and had the one up on Issa it was all good. But when she and Lawrence were done and Issa's block party was about to happen she disappeared.
That’s a good point. Molly was mad salty when it came to Condola. She was proof that Issa could branch out and form other relationships.

I’m not team Molly, but there is some truth in Issa being overly dependent. She has always struck me as a little on the selfish side. Sometimes I watch the show and think wow what an a$$hole lol

fckyoupayme

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Yo Momma's Front Porch
My heart is heavy but at least I had Insecure to escape to for a little while. On to my thoughts about the last episode!

Whew Chile! What is Lawrence and Issa doing!?! Are they trying to get back together or was that a goodbye lovemaking session? Lawrence is wrong for keeping Condola on his line while being all lovey doves with Issa. In a way, I’m starting to think that Lawrence is just as messy and confused as Issa can be at times. Regardless, they look great together and vibe so good so I’m rooting for them to get back together.

The restaurant scene was really well done too. I like how they agreed to stop tip toeing around the truth. So many people would benefit from taking a page from that book. When Issa and Lawrence saw ole boy outside of the restaurant I almost died from secondhand embarrassment. I don’t know what I would do if that happened to me!

What did y’all think about the episode? @Rawtid @MysticMonroe @m0rninggl0ry @tater @Regine Hunter

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My heart is heavy but at least I had Insecure to escape to for a little while. On to my thoughts about the last episode!

Whew Chile! What is Lawrence and Issa doing!?! Are they trying to get back together or was that a goodbye lovemaking session? Lawrence is wrong for keeping Condola on his line while being all lovey doves with Issa. In a way, I’m starting to think that Lawrence is just as messy and confused as Issa can be at times. Regardless, they look great together and vibe so good so I’m rooting for them to get back together.

The restaurant scene was really well done too. I like how they agreed to stop tip toeing around the truth. So many people would benefit from taking a page from that book. When Issa and Lawrence saw ole boy outside of the restaurant I almost died from secondhand embarrassment. I don’t know what I would do if that happened to me!

What did y’all think about the episode? @Rawtid @MysticMonroe @m0rninggl0ry @tater @Regine Hunter

I'm back!! It's been a lot going on in the world. Let me try to remember the episode before last first, because the most recent one had me STEAMING mad. First off, I'm sick of Issa "making love" in the most awkward positions ever! Nothing about her sex scenes are sexy and it makes me cringe. The rekindling sex and this week was no different. I'm low-key happy her and Lawrence are back together though, but they still seem so awkward together. I think maybe because the show started with them being on the last leg of the relationship, so I never got to see this. That re-first date was pretty sweet though!

Molly is such a fukking bytch! OMG, I was rooting for her so hard, but this last episode was like :camby: I mean Issa was really trying and this heifer was acting like she was too good or something. When she sent that wrong text I was like :facepalm: Girl, wait until they leave to talk about that.

I think Nathan and Issa make a better couple. I see the hoe in Issa defrosting when she's around him. Not mad Condola "Braid" Jenkins (that's not her last name) is gone either.

fckyoupayme

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Yo Momma's Front Porch
I'm back!! It's been a lot going on in the world. Let me try to remember the episode before last first, because the most recent one had me STEAMING mad. First off, I'm sick of Issa "making love" in the most awkward positions ever! Nothing about her sex scenes are sexy and it makes me cringe. The rekindling sex and this week was no different. I'm low-key happy her and Lawrence are back together though, but they still seem so awkward together. I think maybe because the show started with them being on the last leg of the relationship, so I never got to see this. That re-first date was pretty sweet though!

Molly is such a fukking bytch! OMG, I was rooting for her so hard, but this last episode was like :camby: I mean Issa was really trying and this heifer was acting like she was too good or something. When she sent that wrong text I was like :facepalm: Girl, wait until they leave to talk about that.

I think Nathan and Issa make a better couple. I see the hoe in Issa defrosting when she's around him. Not mad Condola "Braid" Jenkins (that's not her last name) is gone either.
Why you do Issa like that :mjlol:

I 100% agree that Molly is wrong. She’s going to look up and have no one. You. Can tell she already getting on Andrew’s nerves.

I like Lawrence for Issa, but Nathan was there when she laid out her dream and supported her when everyone else didn’t get it so idk.

I’m thinking the season finale will reveal that Tiffany has postpartum and that will bring everyone back together