IT Brethren, How difficult is the A+ cert Exam??

Axolotl

Banned
Daps
Was it east or really hard?? How long did you study? What tools did you use to study??

And did any of yall fail the test the 1st time?

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Exam Cram +A book
Professer Messer videos

Thats it. I failed the first time the 901. Cause my GPS sent me to a park a half mile away from the testing center:stopitslime:

I say just get the exam cram book and watch free youtube videos. The little cheat sheet that comes with the cram book is more than suficcient to get all
you need for the exam, and it comes with a CD rom with 900+ questions that mirror real exam questions.

I also used examcompass.com and crucialexams.com

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Could've just asked this in your other thread...

It depends on you and your level of understanding

When I first took it I thought it was hard because it asked me a bunch of random shyt that I didn't care about.. Like old atx motherboards and AMD cpus and stupid shyt like that. But I was also fairly new to the computer testing game and I hated A+ over Net+

But now, after taking windows certs I'm confident that it is not hard. I took my Sec+ Awhile after it and was relieved because it was by far our easiest exams out of the 5 exams we took for the military (CCNA, Windows Active Directory, Windows Server, Windows Network Infrastructure, etc.)

Plus its multiple choice and they do not try to trick you into pathway nonsense like Windows.

I told you, take a course on Udemy or something. Theyre only like $30 or less now

So when I first started out it wasn't difficult just stupid. Now I'm thinking it's the easiest shyt you can take. Plus it's multiple choice. And no, I didn't fail first time.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
:leostare:

822c90c6-a5fe-4205-9161-f88dfa76f469_1.8dec0398dc6fb28bdd3fd783cf36b02e.jpeg

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
did any of yall use the book?
Yeah... Good luck with just that

Better to use multiple mediums though. The book+videos+lectures+testing

Immerse yourself in it for like a month and it will be easy. Like make studying and doing it a part of everyday life and routines. Put flashcards on the mirrors when you wake up and practice memorizing certain shyt. Look online for studyguides and bootcamps, take the practice tests on the disc about once a day, etc.

But make sure you understand the material as well. More important than just memorizing certain things

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
shyt is extremely boring... At least to someone like me who actually does not give a fukk about anything regarding A+

So yeah, immerse yourself in it if you're like me. I was studying at the gym, in class, taking exams, study groups (like I said, i got mines in high school), etc.

I also had old ass computers we could tear apart and study too. That always helps. In CCNA, you're gonna actually need legit routers and virtual machines

bnew

Veteran
Daps
I took it over 10 years ago and passed it on my first try. I should probably get it again but I'm going to go for the CCNA certification after I buy some used cisco router and switches.

bucks3115

Superstar
Daps
Exam Cram +A book
Professer Messer videos

Thats it. I failed the first time the 901. Cause my GPS sent me to a park a half mile away from the testing center:stopitslime:

I say just get the exam cram book and watch free youtube videos. The little cheat sheet that comes with the cram book is more than suficcient to get all
you need for the exam, and it comes with a CD rom with 900+ questions that mirror real exam questions.

I also used examcompass.com and crucialexams.com

I will try that cram book cuz i nw how to repair laptop and desktop
But the problem is dat im lazy i dnt care about those old components like ATX , SATA and all

Im more about the new technology what do you recommend me to do ?

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I will try that cram book cuz i nw how to repair laptop and desktop
But the problem is dat im lazy i dnt care about those old components like ATX , SATA and all

Im more about the new technology what do you recommend me to do ?
:dahell:Old? Dude, that shyt is current. ATX is the motherboard form factor, and Sata is the standard for Hard Disk/ Solid State Drives.

Bruh, you fukking up if you going into it with that attitude. This isn't Serial Ports, Parallel ports, and Windows 95. Get the goddamn book and read it.

Its made to be quick and easy to digest.

old_timer

Taxi Squad
Daps
the best way to dilute message board content is to repetitively raise basic questions
..drowning out previous discussions with more comprehensive responses

Diminishing the number of qualified participants
Iteratively dropping the level of discourse
Until it's strictly a bunch of unemployed addicts shytting on successful people for not being more helpful (err... They already helped a ton)

And people who "mean well" posting misinformation or discussing in the vaguest of terms what they are gonna do "someday"

It is a damn shame
I'd neg these cocksuckers
But theyd just threaten to kill me or talk about how I was mad
Yeah, I'm mad.. you morons are fukking this place up

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
:dahell:Old? Dude, that shyt is current. ATX is the motherboard form factor, and Sata is the standard for Hard Disk/ Solid State Drives.

Bruh, you fukking up if you going into it with that attitude. This isn't Serial Ports, Parallel ports, and Windows 95. Get the goddamn book and read it.

Its made to be quick and easy to digest.
I honestly don't gaf about that shyt either and I got the cert:mjlol:

old_timer

Taxi Squad
Daps
the best way to dilute message board content is to repetitively raise basic questions
..drowning out previous discussions with more comprehensive responses

Diminishing the number of qualified participants
Iteratively dropping the level of discourse
Until it's strictly a bunch of unemployed addicts shytting on successful people for not being more helpful (err... They already helped a ton)

And people who "mean well" posting misinformation or discussing in the vaguest of terms what they are gonna do "someday"

It is a damn shame
I'd neg these cocksuckers
But theyd just threaten to kill me or talk about how I was mad
Yeah, I'm mad.. you morons are fukking this place up

sometimes I feel like repeating myself

a lot of people are simply dumb as dirt
nothing can be done with them