Ithaca’s Anti-Heroin Plan: Open a Site to Shoot Heroin

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
We aren't Europe though. IMHO the only viable strategy for proliferation of places like this is to allow for profit enterprises join the space instead of just not for profit orgs. Imagine how quickly progress would be made if that was allowed to happen

I guess I'm not opposed to for profit enterprise but as the money would end up coming from the state/feds at the end of the day it would be rife with abuse see the medical field as it is or for profit prisons.

Drugs need to be legalized and we need a better health care insurance system.

Scoop

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Tampa, FL
22ITHACA4-articleLarge.jpg

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/23/n...ection-centers.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

:huhldup:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
We have one in Vancouver and they'll probably be expanding into it to other cities in Canada

Harm reduction is the key, these sites reduce overdoses and spread of infection

this is a good idea

maybe they can even give them watered-down drugs, is that a thing? :ehh:

It might work. It might not. At least he's trying to come up with a proactive solution that could save lives and spare taxpayers the cost of hospitalizing and/or imprisoning people.

:yeshrug:

They do it here in Vancouver. Id say its been successful.

It makes logical sense. Theirs no real counter arguement against this. The war on drugs has never worked. Treatment,prevention and harm reduction are the onky logical steps.

You will never stop people from getting high.

for the love of allah, this

people are going to DO IT ANYWAY :dead:

theres not motherfukkers out here like "well, i wasnt gonna do heroin before, but since i can go to this nifty little government site, fukk it :ehh:"

its the same bullshyt rhetoric with weed. people are gonna DO IT ANYWAY

It actually works. There are plenty of countries who can show this statistically. In order to get prescription heroin in Denmark you can't owe taxes, be up to date on child support etc. You must also hold down a job.
You go 3X a day to shoot up in places like that.

The positives are addicts giving back to the govt. Cause the dope is free ppl can actually learn to save it.

Withbsafe injection sites sterile is the name of the game. Stops spread of disease.

I stopped shooting up years ago but still take heroin. Unless you're an addict or have a close person you can't relate. People aren't bad cause they use, they sometimes do bad shyt for money. Taking steps to treat ppl with this mindset is a great thing IMHO.

Better to have them in a safe environment, with clean needles, than shooting up in parks and etc.

Damn, ya'all WELL beat me to it. I've seen that spot in Vancouver and known people who work there. It ain't a perfect idea, but it's a hell of a lot better than what we're doing now.

:salute:

We aren't Europe though. IMHO the only viable strategy for proliferation of places like this is to allow for profit enterprises join the space instead of just not for profit orgs. Imagine how quickly progress would be made if that was allowed to happen

:damn:

Nah, that would go the direction of the tobacco industry. Once it became a financial incentive to get people addicted to heroin AND legal to be for-profit about it? :whoa:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Damn, ya'all WELL beat me to it. I've seen that spot in Vancouver and known people who work there. It ain't a perfect idea, but it's a hell of a lot better than what we're doing now.

:salute:

:damn:

Nah, that would go the direction of the tobacco industry. Once it became a financial incentive to get people addicted to heroin AND legal to be for-profit about it? :whoa:
Thing is,there is no perfect idea for drugs. Problem is people never see the forest for the trees.

I got into an argument with a friend the other day because they want people on welfare to be forced to take drug tests. I told him that is ridiculous,youre complaining that tax payer money is wasted on de0rugs by them so you want to waste more money with mandatory drug testing? And if they fail? Then what? They dont get welfare and then turn to crime for drug money costing even more money?

Same thing with those cities that have built housing for homeless and completely eliminated it because its actually more cost effective than having them on the street.

But the average person doesnt want it because they think nobody should have anything for free even though it would save us money.

Anyway I got off track there but back to my point,there is no solution to drugs. You just do the best you can. Treatment is the only viable solution.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I don't agree with this bullshyt :stopitslime: America cracked down on all forms of drugs and now they're kids and friends getting hooked and dying on dat H. They hypocrisy is showing and its fukking bullshyt. This is no more than a state sponsored crackhouse. Our people didn't get that luxuries we've been penalized and abused by the corrupt system for so long and now they turn around and twist the same system for their own needs it makes me fukking sick..

THEY SHOULD SEE THEIR FAMILES ON THE STREETS AND WATCH THEIR OWN SONS AND DAUGHTERS STRUNG OUT ON CORNER SUCKING dikk FOR ANOTHER HIT. THEY SHOULD HAVE SWAT TEAMS RAID THEIR HOUSES AND SHOOT UP THEIR HOUSES AND WATCH THEIR NEIGHBORHOODS DESCEND INTO fukkING CHAOS.

:pacspit:

Now they want a gentler drug war and to be treated with kids gloves while we get the sledgehammers fukk these muthafukkas :scust:

ineedsleep212

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I don't agree with this bullshyt :stopitslime: America cracked down on all forms of drugs and now they're kids and friends getting hooked and dying on dat H. They hypocrisy is showing and its fukking bullshyt. This is no more than a state sponsored crackhouse. Our people didn't get that luxuries we've been penalized and abused by the corrupt system for so long and now they turn around and twist the same system for their own needs it makes me fukking sick..

THEY SHOULD SEE THEIR FAMILES ON THE STREETS AND WATCH THEIR OWN SONS AND DAUGHTERS STRUNG OUT ON CORNER SUCKING dikk FOR ANOTHER HIT. THEY SHOULD HAVE SWAT TEAMS RAID THEIR HOUSES AND SHOOT UP THEIR HOUSES AND WATCH THEIR NEIGHBORHOODS DESCEND INTO fukkING CHAOS.

Now they want a gentler drug war and to be treated with kids gloves while we get the sledgehammers fukk these muthafukkas :scust:
It's fukked up that it's happening now, but it's the right policy :sadcam: :mjcry: :yeshrug:.

If Bernie wins and promotes this to go national (since he's the only one I'd expect to do much about criminal justice reform), I hope he mentions how much this is long overdue heroin ripped through white America.

hu3ypdadon

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Crack cocaine

AmeriKKKa is evil bruh..these white ppl only care about thier own

Daps
Reppin
Hamburg, Germany
i live right around a place where ppl get their heroin for free, it worked pretty good in my city. heroin isn't gone, but its nowhere near the 90s lvls. the junkies only make trouble now when they are drunk or on coke,meth etc. a lot of the are polytoxic unfortunately.

now if only they would create a 3 strike model for drug dealing where the first 2 are jail sentences and the third is death penalty...

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
This shyt ain't going to work at all in America. These whites folks will continue to shoot up when they feel like it.

fukking dude a month ago in a county outside of Philly overdose on a public crowded bus. They didn't even lock the dude up. This shyt is disgusting but what goes around comes around.

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique
if it helps idk...

i grew up in south jersey everyone i know fukks with dope

i myself been rocking wit it for 13 years

i just signed into a methadoine clinic cause i OD'd and had to be revived this weekendm crashed my whip and everything. cant do this to my family noi more. quit my job. taking time to focus on my problems that i been masking with dope since i was 16.

i thought I was superman, acting careless and wreckless as fukk. you couldnt tell me nothing cause I did everything I was supposed to in life and hid a dope problem for ten years no problem. I been on a 3 year bender tho

I dont fukk with needles tho so IDK how they gonna give it to people like me...

if it works do it. fukk, I was happy just feelinga slight buzz whenever I got lifted, noone needs to be zombiede out