It's been 20 years since Tha Doggfather came out

Techniec

Drugs and Kalashnikovs
Daps
Reppin
W/S 416
I didn't cop this when it came out cuz it was Makaveli season (:blessed:) and I was in mourning (:to: still am goddamnit)

plus the feedback was terrible

but I really liked Doggfather, the single

I ended up getting it couple years later when that wack ass Da Game is to be Sold album came out and crushed my soul :ohlawd:

I was desperate for some west coast Snoop and decided to listen to the album, and my reaction as I was listening to it was
"yooo this shyt is not that bad at all" :leon:

so I never had to deal with the disappointment cuz I didn't have much in the way of expectations :manny:

I still listen to this album in 2016...and truth be told, there really isn't a single wack song on the album....it just ranges from solid songs to good songs to great songs to classic songs

Doggfather
Up Jumps the Boogie
Gold Rush
Groupie
Six Minutes
OJ Wake Up
Snoops Upside Ya Head
Blueberry
Downtown Assassins

were all great fukking songs to me

Me and My Doggs
Doggyland

were good songs

shyt, if this was kept to 12-13 tracks it would've been MUCH better received

but the biggest knock is that there were no BANGERS, like outright classic timeless shyt,....

and when youre coming off a debut when the ENTIRE album is a timeless classic

:ufdup:

• Dap
Reactions: JMD

DarkmanX

All Star
Daps
Idk if this was recorded for Doggfather, but it was definitely recorded at that time period:

Love this joint! Should´ve been on the album.

I know Midnight Love & Head Doctor had sample clearance issues. A shame. Dope joints.

-Quikness-

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This saturday actually marks the exact date it came out but I figured I'd get the anniversary part started early

Now, we all know this album wasn't received as well as Doggystyle was obviously but I think with time, this album has actually held up quite well on it's own merit and I like it better than anything else out there now easily

I can't believe it's been 20 years

I just found this clip commemorating the anniversary of this album, it features some clips of some songs I don't remember ever hearing before and some different versions

didn't even know you made this thread but i just decided to throw this on and its still sounding crisp today :blessed:

i searched the forum for the album and here we are .. 20 years?! :whoo: .. feels like yesterday and for me it's a personal classic too

that beat for sixx minutes :ohlawd:

edit : i never noticed it was raphael saadiq who did the guitar on that shyt either .. :wow:

• Dap
Reactions: JMD

JMD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Listened to it this weekend as well...Lyrically I would say this was Snoops best overall album, his delivery was off a lot though...I think Daz should have done more than 3 tracks too

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
This album is trash.Freestyle conversation and downtown assassins dope the rest garbage