Its Crazy How Over This Dude Is..........YEAH!

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I was at MITB last week and he was by far the most over through the night and after with the yeah stuff
Only Cena and the Rollings sing a long in general got a bigger crowd response.
Might even be hotter than Cody at this point

I dont get it with his character, its not that hes a rock clone its that being a rock clone was done to death in the 00 and 10s Im just surprised people dig his thing that much but I seen the reaction and I cant argue with the success even if I see it differently than others

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I was just thinking about Bray Wyatt the other day; that Mtn Dew match killed him off completely :mjlol:. Surprised Vince hasn't released him again.

If Hulk Hogan can rip off Billy Graham and Ric Flair bite Buddy Rodgers, I guess I'll allow a Rock/Austin tribute.

I enjoy it when guys get over organically with the crowd
Billy Graham and Buddy Rogers were never in the same galaxy as the Rock and Austin's level of fame....

• Dap
Reactions: 907

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I didn't watch impact a ton when he was on, but I saw probably 5-10 of his promos from that time period with the "Dummy, Yeah!" gimmick. Back then, his voice and cadence was a bit Rock-like, but wasn't a blatant bite. It felt like normal wrestling inspiration.

The sh1t I've seen from lately is damn near cosplaying The Rock. He's obviously super over and it's working, but damn it's overwhelming at times.

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
I think it's undeniable that he's ripped them off. But I'm not sure why it's a problem. If it's a choice between a guy ripping off one of the goats and the rock and being entertaining or being forced to watch bums like Rollins, riddle, and ricochet it's an easy choice.

What's interesting to me is there have been countless attempts at rip offs that have failed. What's different now? Is there just enough distance now?

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
I went back and watched all of his recent clips. I think like Cody Rhodes the stars have aligned for this one

Even the theme music leans towards the pop with the auto tune “LA” going into the wild synth. It encourages dude to appear quickly and at random for a large pop like Austin’s glass break.

Nobody dresses like him, his promo is extra crisp, and he seems to be able to handle the adoration of the crowd without soaking it in like a mark that’s popular for the first time in his life.

:whew:

I think I’m here for this one

Patrón Papi

I’m a player
Daps
Reppin
The Land/216
I was at MITB last week and he was by far the most over through the night and after with the yeah stuff
Only Cena and the Rollings sing a long in general got a bigger crowd response.
Might even be hotter than Cody at this point

I dont get it with his character, its not that hes a rock clone its that being a rock clone was done to death in the 00 and 10s Im just surprised people dig his thing that much but I seen the reaction and I cant argue with the success even if I see it differently than others
The mega star is charismatic & actually has a personality so people love him.