It's Impressive How Lil Wayne Has Reinvented Himself Multiple Times

GetRichOrDieTryin

Superstar
Daps
We are not the same, I am a Martian :weezylaff:

The amount of times wayne's changed up his style is pretty impressive. I've been a dedicated wayne fan since around the Squad era and i basically grew up on wayne.

Hot boyz era
the impeccable bounce flow :wow:

500 Degreez/Lights Out/Block is Hot
Similar to hot boyz era

Carter 1
This is where got creative freedom, and went with a mixture of styles (Ny, bounce, southern)

Carter 2, Dedication 2
Perfected the carter 1 style, and adopted a more confident and cocky braggadocio style and pretty much ditched the bounce flow and went with a more aggressive, hungry flow.

Dedication 2 is basically carter 2 with sprinkles of what we would come to see on Da drought 3

Da Drought 3, Carter 3 Era
This is wayne's pinnacle in terms of variety. He was rapping about everything and in every style possible. Lyrically, he went with a punchline approach 99% of the time and continued this style for a few years. His charisma is what really shined during these eras. He was unique

Leak Era
Part of dd3/c3 era, this is where we saw a lot of different styles from wayne that weren't traditional rap, but also saw a more introspective wayne. I would include dedication 3 in this era as well. Wayne was heavy on autotune

Rebirth Era
gqU7eiE.png
wayne took a complete left turn with this right after he became a star with C3 :dead: Some fans like this album, personally, i think it's terrible but I don't really like much aside from rap anyways. This is my favorite song from that album:

Carter 4 Era
This is after the success of C3, and after rebirth, wayne was basically in jail. I would actually include IANAHB here as well (only the first one). This is where wayne was basically only focusing on punchlines and the quality definitely was declining. He sounded bored of rap and later admitted it. Not really much of a style change, but more of a decline

IANAHB2, Dedication 4/5 Era
Where every line was about sex, and every line had something about p*ssy. This is where everyone said wayne was finished. He lowkey had some funny lines but quality wise, and judging by how wayne was at one point arguable, it was pretty sad. What i got out of this was a few laughs, a lot of disappointment, and a few bangers

Carter 5 Era
don't ever say wayne fell of again
PJIS9hi.png
. Wayne completely reinvented himself after D5. It started with FWA, similar to C1, where he took a new approach. Polished it with D6, and perfected on C5. Honestly, wayne's rapping now is better than C2. Lyrically, he's in another form. His flows are much more technical and complex now. But sadly people sleep. He's introspective, still drops lines, still does some shyt only wayne can do, and it sounds like he's hungry again.

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
It is very impressive....... And he needs to badly reinvent himself again.
He had so many different flows and styles around/on The Drought 3, I hope he can pick up some of those again.

GetRichOrDieTryin

Superstar
Daps
He had so many different flows and styles around/on The Drought 3, I hope he can pick up some of those again.
Why does he need to reinvent himself again?

The drought 3 had a lot of flows that were from the original song. dd3 is moreso his delivery and charisma

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
It’s why he’s the G.O.A.T. Southern rapper and a top 10 rapper of All-Time :manny:

How can one dimensional ass Pusha be better than Wayne. Wayne even excelled at the dope boy stuff on Tha Carter and Tha Carter II.

All his styles is also why he’s so influential. You got rappers influenced by different versions of the same rapper.

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps

To me, I enjoyed Wayne the most from Tha Carter 2 through the The Drought 3 (actually up until the Carter 3). I thought this was him at his best.
None of his new stuff does anything for me: not his recent features Ride Dat, the New Maybach music, etc. Or his last album the Carter 5.

JDZZO2.0

Banned
Daps
Inappropriate Behavior
i attribute his many different, or as you called them "reinvented" styles to the many different ghostwriters he's had over the years.

I wish death upon him. I hope he dies.

Stick Up Kid

Veteran
WOAT
Daps
Reppin
Newark NJ
He’s hopped on waves

1998-2002
All Juvy, Manny Fresh Sound

2002-2007 mediocre semi relevant

2008-2010 had a nice little run

2011-2015 rode Drake’s coattails

2016-current. Semi irrelevant

GetRichOrDieTryin

Superstar
Daps
He’s hopped on waves

1998-2002
All Juvy, Manny Fresh Sound

2002-2007 mediocre semi relevant

2008-2010 had a nice little run

2011-2015 rode Drake’s coattails

2016-current. Semi irrelevant
hot boys he was being pressured by baby to sound like them
C1 was a mixture of his own creations

He's obviously been influenced like every other rapper (jay, dipset, etc) but overall he's put his own twist on it

Carter 2 sold well and he was gaining steam. Since 2004 he's been very relevant. Dedication 2 dropped around that time, then 2006 and 2007 is when he started doing multiple features, DD3, etc.

His run is actually 2004-2010.
2011-2015 he didnt ride anyones coattails. This is during the period he himself said hes taking a break and not motivated.

D6, d6 reloaded. Both crashed dat piff, and had very positive reception, along with c5 selling half a mil