**ITS OFFICIAL** Walt Disney buys 21st Century FOX

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
No doubt...... I forgot all the details.... just came across this when researching before I posted

:patrice:

Martha

Yup and that defunct as far as we know now. So it can be done but Iger has to sign off on it obviously and see the value in it (which he should cause money talks) it’s easy to do that when your parent company doesn’t make its business in family affair and you’re so associated with them and their branding.

Not saying it’s impossible at all just saying I don’t think it’s a layup at all. I know how I’d sell him on it but feige is smarter than me and knows his shyt so here’s hoping

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
panel_ss_mm02a.jpg

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Also something @Romell said is fukking with me. Things like predator and planet of the apes as currently constructed are risks. The comic book stuff should be fine in one way or another but fox for better or worse, takes risks with their properties. They’ll do something like the aforementioned shyt which is hard sci-fi or sci-fi horror but then something like Kingsman or spy or The revenant. And even though I don’t like either flick, they’ll give someone like Ridley the freedom to make Prometheus or alien covenant.

Disney by nature at least the past 20 years has been very risk adverse and I wonder how that plays a part in stuff they do going forward that isn’t a comic book property.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I think the word “risk” is a matter or perspective and shouldn’t be too much read in to. Cuz not all risk are the same.

The “Disney never takes risk” narrative is inaccurate.

Putting InHumans on IMAX was a risk
Creating a show about a side character that no one really new about prior to the movie and was all that major in Peggy Carter was a risk.

Attempting to make a blockbuster movie with a talking space racc00n and a talking tree that says only 3 words is a risk.

I don’t recall any other movie or franchise ever trying to connect or make mega franchises before Marvel did it so that’s a risk.

You really can’t accurately compare one thing to another and say “well this is a risk and that isn’t” when there are too many levels

Martha

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I think the word “risk” is a matter or perspective and shouldn’t be too much read in to. Cuz not all risk are the same.

The “Disney never takes risk” narrative is inaccurate.

Putting InHumans on IMAX was a risk
Creating a show about a side character that no one really new about prior to the movie and was all that major in Peggy Carter was a risk.

Attempting to make a blockbuster movie with a talking space racc00n and a talking tree that says only 3 words is a risk.

I don’t recall any other movie or franchise ever trying to connect or make mega franchises before Marvel did it so that’s a risk.

You really can’t accurately compare one thing to another and say “well this is a risk and that isn’t” when there are too many levels

Martha

Creative risk man. They put inhumans our in the dead of night basically and wrote it off. For a company that makes that much money it doesn’t hurt them to just let their tv division throw that’s out to the masses. But I’m not talking just comic book stuff.

Disney engineers their movies to be crowd pleasers. Feige has talked about their quality control they do. Animated division is the same way. They’re products from the ground up built to last. And there’s nothing wrong with that at all.

But they don’t make hard sci-fi. They don’t make movies that ask tough questions that may not have easy answers. They don’t normally give filmmakers that type of freedom. James Gunn found a nice medium between what he wanted and what the studio wanted. Not everyone finds that balance.

So as a creative person I look at risks differently and outside the bubble of comic book movies. I’m thinking more about what Ridley is doing or what Matt reeves did with apes. Or allowing Paul feig to make an r rated spy movie starring Melissa McCarthy and letting it be insanely violent and crass and not holding anything back. Or letting someone be crazy enough to make the revenant lol. That’s the shyt that I love in film.

So yeah if you want to categorize a risk as coloring a wee outside the lines okay sure. But that’s a half measure. I see risk as you doing the tightrope without a net and not everything being engineered or focus grouped to death. Disney ain’t giving a green light for A Cure for Wellness

Last edited:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Creative risk man. They put inhumans our in the dead of night basically and wrote it off. For a company that makes that much money it doesn’t hurt them to just let their tv division throw that’s out to the masses. But I’m not talking just comic book stuff.

Disney engineers their movies to be crowd pleasers. Feige has talked about their quality control they do. Animated division is the same way. They’re products from the ground up built to last. And there’s nothing wrong with that at all.

But they don’t make hard sci-fi. They don’t make movies that ask tough questions that may not have easy answers. They don’t normally give filmmakers that type of freedom. James Gunn found a nice medium between what he wanted and what the studio wanted. Not everyone finds that balance.

So as a creative person I look at risks differently and outside the bubble of comic book movies. I’m thinking more about what Ridley is doing or what Matt reeves did with apes. Or allowing Paul feig to make an r rated spy movie starring Melissa McCarthy and letting it be insanely violent and crass and not holding anything back. Or letting someone be crazy enough to make the revenant lol. That’s the shyt that I love in film.

So yeah if you want to categorize a risk as coloring a wee outside the lines okay sure. But that’s a half measure. I see risk as you doing the tightrope without a net and not everything being engineered or focus grouped to death. Disney ain’t giving a green light for A Cure for Wellness

Lobby for more movies like A Cure For Wellness brehs. :mjgrin:

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Universal may let that go eventually when they expand Harry Potter because they’d be stupid not to lol.

Universal has bought enough land to open a 3rd park, they can expand Harry Potter, Nintendo, etc...there. I see them holding onto the Hulk, Spiderman, and that wack X-Men theme just to keep it away from Disney. If they let Disney have it Disney could open a 5th gate with a true Marvel comics theme and that would draw tons of people.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Because you didn't like it doesn't mean his point doesn't stand. Disney would never try films like that as history has shown and so far that's still a fact.

Word. Like I said I didn’t like Prometheus or covenant. But I’m still glad someone had the freedom to make them and do what he wanted the way he wanted. I may not like them but someone else does and that’s always a good thing. That’s variety