"It’s sad the game has gone this way" - Rajon Rondo

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos

Rajon Rondo talks about the problem of not having true PGs in the NBA anymore.

“I mean, it’s sad. I believe the basketball gods appreciate myself and Chris [Paul] the way we played the game, I believe the right way. It wasn’t not that every guard is scoring down is selfish, but at the same time, the point guard is a leader of the floor. He’s an extension of the coach on the floor.

“And like I said earlier about if a lot of these coaches got thrown out the game, point guard wouldn’t know how to handle the situation. They wouldn’t know what plays to call down the stretch of the games. They wouldn’t know who to get the ball to at certain times, different matchups. So, it’s sad the game has gone this way, but again, the league wanted scoring. The league pushed scoring. The league pushed 160-point games, like there’s no — defense isn’t being cherished. There’s a defensive man award, but nobody really talks about it,” Rondo said.

"The game is a lost art of actual leaders on the court" - Rajon Rondo on why glorified scoring hurts the NBA

"I think the big reason for that is because now scoring is glorified. The game is pushed so much in a way that if you can score you can get to the league. I think the game is a lost art of actual leaders on the court like myself, who can handle the game when a coach gets ejected," Rajon said.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park

Rajon Rondo talks about the problem of not having true PGs in the NBA anymore.

“I mean, it’s sad. I believe the basketball gods appreciate myself and Chris [Paul] the way we played the game, I believe the right way. It wasn’t not that every guard is scoring down is selfish, but at the same time, the point guard is a leader of the floor. He’s an extension of the coach on the floor.

“And like I said earlier about if a lot of these coaches got thrown out the game, point guard wouldn’t know how to handle the situation. They wouldn’t know what plays to call down the stretch of the games. They wouldn’t know who to get the ball to at certain times, different matchups. So, it’s sad the game has gone this way, but again, the league wanted scoring. The league pushed scoring. The league pushed 160-point games, like there’s no — defense isn’t being cherished. There’s a defensive man award, but nobody really talks about it,” Rondo said.

"The game is a lost art of actual leaders on the court" - Rajon Rondo on why glorified scoring hurts the NBA

"I think the big reason for that is because now scoring is glorified. The game is pushed so much in a way that if you can score you can get to the league. I think the game is a lost art of actual leaders on the court like myself, who can handle the game when a coach gets ejected," Rajon said.
I think it's interesting to watch. Hell, I was at a training session for my son and I got up to demonstrate something and I asked all the kids there, about 5 of them, various ages, if they knew how to throw an entry pass to the post. They didn't know how.

To go to what Rajon is saying though. Honestly, early Jason Kidd wouldn't make this version of the league. Couldn't shoot. Gotta be able to be a Jalen Brunson type player now. It's what is emphasized at the lower levels too because of their emulation of the pros.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
Uptown and the Bronx
Its true though. The Magic are at home now cause they don't have a true PG

The Spurs have a generational talent in their starting 5 and still won just 22 games cause they had no real PG to get him the ball consistently

It's no real PG's or floor leaders anymore
they did. They just didn't wanna use Jones nearly as much since he doesn't shoot 55% on 20 attempts from 3 like they want.

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think it's interesting to watch. Hell, I was at a training session for my son and I got up to demonstrate something and I asked all the kids there, about 5 of them, various ages, if they knew how to throw an entry pass to the post. They didn't know how.

To go to what Rajon is saying though. Honestly, early Jason Kidd wouldn't make this version of the league. Couldn't shoot. Gotta be able to be a Jalen Brunson type player now. It's what is emphasized at the lower levels too because of their emulation of the pros.
:dahell: that Jkidd in this league is avg is a triple double with all nba defense, and leadership. What's wrong with you cats

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

:laff:
C'mon you guys over exaggerate so bad
He would be developed differently if anything
No way does Jason Kidd go from All American college player to #2 overall pick to a HoF career to magically not able to make the league
There are plenty of guys around the league who can't shoot
Y'all gotta stop acting like everyone in the league is Ray Allen now just cause half the players chuck 3's

JKidd was a large PG who could defend multiple positions and one of the great passers of all time. Something tells me they would find a place for him :heh:
He also was one of the first players to take a large amount of their shots from behind the arc, if anything he'd probably fit in better now

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
He’s correct. Eventually it’ll cycle back to,” how it used to be”, somehow some way.
We all saw the ridiculous offense and scoring being shut down post all star break.

Arena league hoops ain't it. Let nikkaz play defense.

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:laff:
C'mon you guys over exaggerate so bad
He would be developed differently if anything
No way does Jason Kidd go from All American college player to #2 overall pick to a HoF career to magically not able to make the league
There are plenty of guys around the league who can't shoot
Y'all gotta stop acting like everyone in the league is Ray Allen now just cause half the players chuck 3's

JKidd was a large PG who could defend multiple positions and one of the great passers of all time. Something tells me they would find a place for him :heh:
He also was one of the first players to take a large amount of their shots from behind the arc, if anything he'd probably fit in better now
Imagine not drafting jason kidd so guys like scary terry, dlo, derek white, darius garland, aaron brooks, etc.. etc... can play in the league

:dead:

North of Death

All Star
Daps
Its true though. The Magic are at home now cause they don't have a true PG

The Spurs have a generational talent in their starting 5 and still won just 22 games cause they had no real PG to get him the ball consistently

It's no real PG's or floor leaders anymore
exactly smh