It’s time to restore full power to the Voting Rights Act

Berniewood Hogan

IT'S BERNIE SANDERS WITH A STEEL CHAIR!
Daps
Reppin
nWg
:troll:"I agree with everything you said in your informative post that you clearly put effort into, but it doesn't counter anything I was saying because I say so. You liberals just don't think black people are smart enough to pass these good ol' boy literacy tests:

Test1.jpg.CROP.article920-large.jpg

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
No it wouldn't make it false, you would have to show that it swayed the election results in significant way
The point of this conversation isn't whether that changed the result of the election via electoral college, but that it kept legal voters from voting.

That's an injustice regardless of the result.

mc_brew

#NotMyPresident
Daps
Reppin
the black cat is my crown...
with so many of our own arguing for voter suppression laws, no wonder black people continue to struggle....

"we're so smart and cunning.... why should we fight against voter suppression laws... i say we stop sucking off the democrats and white liberals and show them that we are smarter than they think we are.... i say we demand more voter suppression laws so we can show them that we can overcome them.... i say there should only be one dmv that black people are allowed to access, and that dmv should be two states over.... we should have to present a birth certificate, video of birth, three sworn affidavits of people that witnessed the birth (cannot include parents), notarized statements from six neighbors who witnessed us growing up, and a letter from our sixth grade teacher testifying that we are indeed an american citizen... all of these documents should have to be presented to the dmv on april 3rd of the year we intend to vote in... snake eyes if april 3rd falls on a saturday or sunday..... we will show whitey and the elitist liberals that we will still vote at full capacity with all these restrictions, because we are so smart....."

- :mjpls:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
I think you didn't take things seriousLucky growing up. I think you were passed up. I think you've found yourself competing with immigrants. I don't think you actually believe black people can achieve success in this country. I think you are a part of the problem.

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
I think you're jealous of successful black people and you would rather black people suffer than find success in any other way than you approve.

I think you lack the ability to make coherent arguments, you simply spit out liberal talking points but when you get to a point where you have to explain and defend those talking points in a logical manner you :lupe: and start going off in tangents

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
with so many of our own arguing for voter suppression laws, no wonder black people continue to struggle....

"we're so smart and cunning.... why should we fight against voter suppression laws... i say we stop sucking off the democrats and white liberals and show them that we are smarter than they think we are.... i say we demand more voter suppression laws so we can show them that we can overcome them.... i say there should only be one dmv that black people are allowed to access, and that dmv should be two states over.... we should have to present a birth certificate, video of birth, three sworn affidavits of people that witnessed the birth (cannot include parents), notarized statements from six neighbors who witnessed us growing up, and a letter from our sixth grade teacher testifying that we are indeed an american citizen... all of these documents should have to be presented to the dmv on april 3rd of the year we intend to vote in... snake eyes if april 3rd falls on a saturday or sunday..... we will show whitey and the elitist liberals that we will still vote at full capacity with all these restrictions, because we are so smart....."

- :mjpls:

Nobody is arguing for voter oppression laws

I'm simply pointing out that there is no evidence that black people lack ids and no evidence that any of the voter oppression laws have worked

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
No. They're one. We're only having this conversation because of voter id laws. Voter id laws are not only about an id. As they exist and as how republicans argue for them, they only implement them in the context I provided. Otherwise they know voter fraud is nonexistent and they would not care about the issue.

Until republicans start to argue for a national id to vote that can be accepted in every district and preventing actions to make it harder to get them, then I have no interest in hearing it. This isn't liberal hysteria against reasonable requests by conservatives to protect the integrity of the voting process. It's a reasonable skepticism and fight against voter surpression.

They win by making you frame the debate in your everyday conversations as an argument about showing an id to vote. While you discuss hypotheticals that the current conservatives have no interest in actually implementing and muddying the waters by sowing confusion about "why are those damn liberals are so against showing an id to vote" they will continue to do what I outlined.

It's useless discussion and distraction along those lines.
The shyt is basically the voting equivalent of "Well if you're not breaking the law you shouldn't have any problem with the police doing a random search of you and/or your vehicle"

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
I find it odd that posters like @wickedsm and @Call Me James are giving real life experience with voting and IDs within their respective states but some other posters :mjpls: have all answers yet no experience or feet on the ground.
that's because with these usual suspects, best case they are white trolls, worse case they're on their uncle ruckus grind.