I've tried to get into One Piece...but it's so boring

Hagendas

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Luffy damn near almost always makes me want to quit reading at the start of every arc the absolute stupidity, I usually return just to see how the arc ends

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Even the manga pacing makes it boring, If I wanted to read something that long, I would read detective conan.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
It's the GOAT shonen but it definitely takes until Alabasta to reach that level. There's some great stuff before that but that arc is where you'll know if you fukk with One Piece or not. The further you get the more increasingly detailed the world building gets and the dedication to continuity will leave you like :whew: when some shyt some character said two hundred and eighty chapters ago suddenly finds it meaning.

wise prophet

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I definitely don't agree with all the "should have ended a long time ago" mess.

It's long and can drag but it's best arcs are later on and the world building is in its own league compared to shonen...most fiction really.

I said earlier that Alabasta is the point where if you don't enjoy it it's not for you. I stand by it but rereading the series the arc isn't THAT great. Solid, but could be better. The best One Piece has to offer is:

-Jaya
-Water 7/Enies Lobby
-End of Thriller Bark
-Sabaody Archipelago and mostly everything after leading to timeskip (best stretch of chapters One Piece has ever had IMO)
-Parts of Dressrosa
-Zou/Whole Cake Island

Light

Pro
Daps
Breh don't watch the anime, read the manga. The pacing in the anime is complete :trash:. Stick with it and if you don't like it by the end of Water 7/EL then you should probably drop it.

IShotTheSheriff

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I got a crunchyroll subscription and shyt...

I'm trying to get the most out of it. The anime's I've liked in the past/present are: Dragonball series, Naruto, Fullmetal Alchemist, Sword Art Online, Attack on Titans.

Based on my taste how does One Piece hold up in comparison?