J Cole 2014 Forest Hills Drive goes platinum [pure sales] - 2015 Platinum Hills Drive

Daps
J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” Achieves Platinum Status | 24Urban.com

LvbxPzB.gif

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member
Dope and good for him, he put together a good project a ton of people liked. Also showed that his style of Hip Hop does resonate with people enough that you can make a platinum album that isn't all money, cars, clothes, etc.

Personally, I can't stand some of the songs off the album now. I never want to hear 'I never did this before no' ever again :laugh:

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
Dope and good for him, he put together a good project a ton of people liked. Also showed that his style of Hip Hop does resonate with people enough that you can make a platinum album that isn't all money, cars, clothes, etc.

Personally, I can't stand some of the songs off the album now. I never want to hear 'I never did this before no' ever again :laugh:

Yeah the radio songs have burned out for me, but the rest of the album I still listen too

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps

Album is worse than BS and lacks the high points of the debut but I supported regardless.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Cole influenced the game to making "not having a thing" a thing. A bunch of rappers who were completely normal dudes like Chance and Logic came out after him. And they get praise for not having a thing. They are never in media, not controversial, never flashing, pretty normal lives/childhood and on.

I like it but it's also a lot of marketing, great and positive marketing . Like Cole is in a Bally commercial walking around like a bum in Jamaica talking about Jah bless in a commercial for Jay-z's favorite premium shoemaker from Switzerland :laugh:

tybo

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And could i be a star,
does fame in this game have to change who you are,
or could i be the same one who came from a far away life,
just to make it in this broadway lights,
now shining in the broad day, light, go figure,
a slow transition from a lil broke n-gga from the Ville,
Got a deal a real life saver,
dreams of being behind the wheel like, Jada,
i chill now a lil ice later, Cole you got a glow like a lil lightsaber,
so clap for him, then applaud Hov, he gave em a platform,
flow so sick thought he wrote the rap for him,
no sir,
the flow cold as a shoulder of a gold digging hoes when a broke n-gga approaches,
told ya I'm focused man, I'll let you muthf-ckers soak it in,

CLAP FOR EM!!!!

Nikka finally made NaS proud :mjcry:

:ahh:

Last edited: