J Cole announces his retirement

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
NEVER been a Cole fan, ever.

I always thought he was boring. Now what I have said was that even with him not being my cup of tea, he is good for the game. I think he's kinda winning off of effort at this point...He writers, produces, tours his ass off, throws in social commentary and touches hands with the fans. I feel like people like HIM as a person more than they like his music...or maybe that's just me.

:yeshrug:
your not alone

there are lot here who share the same sentiment including me

I think he average to, guy is hyped up more than he is becasue dumb casual HH fans and even ones who claim are HH heads like to generalize this entire era as "mumbler rap" when there are tons of rappers who do it better than Cole but for whatever reason those guys get overlooked or trashed/made fun of(Wale for example never understood hate he gets) and this nikkas gets praised as the gold among bronze with these rappers, when this nikka is not even Silver

but I aint gotta lie I rather listen to him than Kendrick or Drake

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
your not alone

there are lot here who share the same sentiment including me

I think he average to, guy is hyped up more than he is becasue dumb casual HH fans and even ones who claim are HH heads like to generalize this entire era as "mumbler rap" when there are tons of rappers who do it better than Cole but for whatever reason those guys get overlooked or trashed/made fun of(Wale for example never understood hate he gets) and this nikkas gets praised as the gold among bronze with these rappers, when this nikka is not even Silver

but I aint gotta lie I rather listen to him than Kendrick or Drake

Well I'm a Kendrick fan, much more so than Cole.

Drake to me should be Rhianna status, he's not even Hip Hop IMO, hate aside. Nobody should be comparing "Views" to shyt like "Silent Partner". So what it boils down to is that J Cole and Kendrick are pretty much at the forefront of the genre as far as notoriety goes.

We could do worse...

:francis:

Flav

Where the dice game at?
Daps
I'm sitting here like

All I see is a NyQuil add where the post?

Then it hit me

:mjlol:

You wrong

Giselle

Daps
CoiQOJ6VIAA6-ug.jpg

Jermaine isn't retiring idiot. I'm negging you for this thread as soon as the reps come back.

& he's not boring either.

Last edited: