Ja Rule: “Black Lives Need To Matter To Black Lives”

LevelUp

Don't Like My Threads, Blow The Whistle
Daps
ja-rule.jpg

Ja Rule is rapper who has fought his fair share of battles on the mic — and in the courtroom.
But these days, the father of three is more interested in letting his positivity do the fighting for him. Growing up in Queens, Ja experienced racial profiling in his hometown, but when his own son admitted his fear of the police, he had to take an extra step back and explain the truth to his kin.

“If Black Lives don’t matter to Black Lives, who the fukk else is it going to matter to?” Ja asks sternly. “So I know it all starts with us. I want to see bigger movements. I don’t want to see Black on Black on violence no more. I want to see us root for each other, and I want to see us be happy to see the next man win. And it starts with messages like this that I’m sending. I don’t have no malice toward that Black man that I had drama with. I wish him all the success in the world.”

Rule is referring to his longstanding “beef” with 50 Cent, but now says he is way past that, and wishes nothing but good things for former nemesis. He wants to be a living example of how young Black men can put their differences to the side for a greater cause.

“The more positive, successful Black men we have, the more chance we have to break the cycle. And I think we should all get on board,” says Ja about setting good examples for the youth. “I think we should all root for each other and not tear each other down.”

He left off by sharing a powerful story about how a prison guard blatantly disrespected him while he served time behind bars back in 2011. The experiences left a lasting impression on the veteran rapper.

“A prison guard said to me while I was in prison. And these were his exact words: ‘Your kids are job security for my kids,'” explains an emotional Ja Rule. “I didn’t even know how to respond to him… other than punching him in the face, but you can’t do that. All I could say to him was, ‘Not my kids homey.'”

Ja Rule: “Black Lives Need To Matter To Black Lives” | Vibe

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
flowerpots
:upsetfavre:
that applies to him too then
how much do you care about black lives as a black man when the system that fukks us over so much has been showing us and our kids that we can be killed at their discretion, that their judgement when it comes to black people is dangerously flawed, and your first thought is that we need to change

they don't give a fukk about what we think
you could spend all day in a soup kitchen feeding your people and still get got by the police

Daps
How should we keep peace between ourselves when the entire system has been rigged against us?
The only way to survive is to keep your guard up and do whatever it takes to stay on top.
If that means I have to push a brother down, fukk it, imma do it.
These imaginary super peaceful whitewashed negroes that these liberal types want to see so much would never survive in real life