Jacquees On Why '4275' Is the Best R&B Album of 2018: 'I Feel Like I'm the Leader'

Rhapture

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
Jacquees On Why '4275' Is the Best R&B Album of 2018: 'I Feel Like I'm the Leader'
Jacquees-press-photo-2018-hot-100-fest-cr-BryanSoderlind-billboard-1548.jpg

Jacquees
Bryan Soderlind
12/21/2018 by Jacquees

'I just opened up the whole door for the real R&B sound.'

Over the course of the next few weeks, Billboardwill be allowing artists behind some of the year’s most notable hip-hop and R&B releases the opportunity to speak on why their respective albums deserve to be crowned the top project of 2018. The next artist to speak on their successful run this year is self-proclaimed “King of R&B”, Jacquees, with his debut album, 4275. -- As told to Carl Lamarre

I think I probably made the best music, for real. It's simple. I think I put together the best male R&B album this year with 4275.

I think it was real structured. Like from the intro all the way to the end. Even the R&B artists that I put on it...I feel like I kind of opened the door for R&B, for real, because everybody was kind of playing around with it. Like, there's Trap R&B -- and no disrespect to none of that, 'cause I like all that shyt, I'm a fan of it and I do some of that shyt -- but for my album, I didn't. This was strictly R&B.

Rhapture

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
The more he says this the more he stays in the headlines. It's marketing 101

Same with 69 saying he's the hottest rapper from NY

people keep saying "no you're not no youre not" and constantly talking about it
That's because they see his potential. Let him get with the right producers :wow:

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
The more he says this the more he stays in the headlines. It's marketing 101

Same with 69 saying he's the hottest rapper from NY

people keep saying "no you're not no youre not" and constantly talking about it

He should have already had another quick EP together or something that could help him take advantage of this exposure. Instead he's just talking with nothing to show for it.

banner34

Superstar
Daps
His next album will tell what he is made of people are going to be anticipating other album good marketing by him and baby