Albums Jadakiss - IGNATIUS (Discussion Thread)

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
listening to it now. its quite a sombre album. Jada's even singing on this.
bars are quality as expected. production is very samey but it plays a part in this being Jada's most cohesive album.

I'm split on this album to be honest. I feel like I should like it more than I do.
Jada still got that cold voice and delivery yet the music feels a bit melodramatic. especially certain hooks.

like the song Closure. it sounds like a song that would be played at the end of a season finale of Love & Hip-Hop
I can just picture Yandy Smith going to pick up Mendeecee's from jail and the family reuniting to this song.

Pusha (as we already knew) and 2 Chainz showed up with their features.

feel like Jada was listening to a lot of Rick Ross/Justice League songs while making this, which leads me to my next point. if there was a Nas exec produced Rick Ross album w/ plenty of Justice League type beats...this Jada album shows were it could go left in places. we already heard how cheesy, overproduced and dramatic Worlds An Addiction was.

Last edited:

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
Going give it another spin but after the 1st spin I'm not feeling it ....nothing really grabbed me....couple of generic ass hooks .... production is weak....two chains and push killed it tho

I see what he was trying to do tho

Think the album would've worked better with no features and some soul samples

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
lot of singing but overall very good album, i aint mad at all :salute: