James Damore is suing google saying they discriminate against conservative white males

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
I just read this post on reddit explaining it better:

This article incorrectly misses the point James was even trying to make with his memo. His memo didn't argue

"that women... are biologically less capable of engineering"

He argued that men and women are born with different personality predispositions. More men are interested in technological fields than women, therefore trying to artificially achieve a 50% male to female ratio is problematic because a larger pool of qualified male candidates exists versus the female pool. This means in order to hit these companies 50% male-to-female goals the bar on employee entry is being artificially lowered. i.e. they aren't picking the best possible candidate but catering to a policital/social agenda.

Also someone else said that it's like 3 different people in that article.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Post that up :birdman:
"I just wanted to thank you for fighting for the real victims in America; conservative white men. Ever since we stepped off the Mayflower and killed all the natives, white men have clearly been this country's premier victim of oppression. Maybe someday we'll be able to do things like accumulate massive wealth and influence, or even run for president! All thanks to the tireless efforts of crusaders like yourself, someday, right-wing white men will find a place in America."

:heh:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I just read this post on reddit explaining it better:

This article incorrectly misses the point James was even trying to make with his memo. His memo didn't argue

"that women... are biologically less capable of engineering"

He argued that men and women are born with different personality predispositions. More men are interested in technological fields than women, therefore trying to artificially achieve a 50% male to female ratio is problematic because a larger pool of qualified male candidates exists versus the female pool. This means in order to hit these companies 50% male-to-female goals the bar on employee entry is being artificially lowered. i.e. they aren't picking the best possible candidate but catering to a policital/social agenda.

Also someone else said that it's like 3 different people in that article.
Your be that naïve.

Women dominated in nascent tech fields in the 60s and 70s! Look who used to do coding.

He was trying to justify why Google should stop investing in getting women and minorites to work alongside him and that because of "biology" (aka data he purposely misinterpreted) that women are better suited to "other jobs"

It's another example of the white engineer who thinks he deserves to have a say in all parts of the company heirarchy and culture instead of doing his fukking job and keeping that bullshyt to himself.

No other demographic is that invested in applying a litmus test to their fellow employees.

Only to James Damore is everyone else less qualified.

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
"I just wanted to thank you for fighting for the real victims in America; conservative white men. Ever since we stepped off the Mayflower and killed all the natives, white men have clearly been this country's premier victim of oppression. Maybe someday we'll be able to do things like accumulate massive wealth and influence, or even run for president! All thanks to the tireless efforts of crusaders like yourself, someday, right-wing white men will find a place in America."

:heh:
:skip:

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The Atlantic had an article defending this Dude basically saying because he supports diverse hiring of women the memo wasn’t sexist.

The memo goes

1. Women are probably genetically inferior when it comes tech compared to men
2. Therefore trying hard to hire an equal amount of unskilled women with skilled men leads to discrimination against hiring men.
3. So maybe tech firms can hire and train women with things only their women-brains can understand.

And he’s upset he was fired

For someone with such a "high iq", he's a fukking moron. Throw in all the alt-right Red Pill basement dwelling cacs with him. They live in an alternate universe. Where a billion dollar company would be okay with something like that being associated with their brand. Why you even write that article in the first place and spread it around the company when you were hired to write code/apps :gucci: And with this #MeToo Harvey Weinstein movement going on, he definitely isn't getting any sympathy from anyone in the media. All you had to do was write code and keep making $200,000 a year. But naw....you had to write sexist articles during lunch hour.

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
He argued that blacks/minorities and whites are born with different personality predispositions. More whites are interested in technological fields than blacks/minorities therefore trying to artificially achieve a 50% white to minority ratio is problematic because a larger pool of qualified white candidates exists versus the minority pool. This means in order to hit these companies 50% white-to-minority goals the bar on employee entry is being artificially lowered. i.e. they aren't picking the best possible candidate but catering to a political/social agenda.

See that slippery slope. White supremacists already argue this. James Damore probably thinks this way too as its the same logic.

:picard:

Imagine waking up one day to one your employees cycling this around mainstream media.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hope google saved his emails and web searches

About to get real hot

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
See that slippery slope. White supremacists already argue this. James Damore probably thinks this way too as its the same logic.

Imagine waking up one day to one your employees cycling this around mainstream media.
thats why I can't stand this fukking dude.

as if HR didn't make the decision to hire his aspie ass :scust:

Raptor

All Star
Daps
Reppin
World
I read about this guy--and his memo--around the time he got fired.

He and many "free-speech" advocates (many of whom are now alt-right sympathizers :bppatrice: ) were decrying the "liberal bias" held among tech companies.

It seems that with this news, he was just mad they wouldn't let him be a racist, misogynist douche. :bpumad:
:hhh:I'm not a fan of the alt right/light fan club this guy has attracted, but you have to be an idiot to think what he wrote was somehow offensive or not based on science. Newsflash; men and women are different, and behave differently, barring the odd exceptions that liberals love parading as the norm. And Damore linked many of his claims with hundreds of legitimate studies, that for some reason the left seemed to have ignored when they decided to destroy this mans reputation and paint him as some far right zealot.

The Right rightfully gets a lot of flak for denying science when it comes to climate change or religion, and they get roasted in the media and at our universities, and no one complains . But anyone who calls out the far left, who have infiltrated the bureaucracy of many of our biggest institutions, for their anti science crusade against the notion of biological sex differences, they get fired for a thought crime.

Leftist and conservative Ideologues are both cancers, and you'd only be a fool siding with any of these delusional fukkers, who only care about accruing power and denying freedom of speech for their supposed ideological enemies.

Last edited: