Janelle Monae HAS to be an Industry Plant.

FeverPitch2

Superstar
Daps
Being offensive doesn't make you "unsafe". Eminem is offensive, but still safe. Janelle isn't safe because she doesn't fit a box. Whether we vibe with the music or not, what she does isn't exactly championed.

Janelle Monae is much more offensive to white men than she is to Black men. Trust, feminism, specifically Black feminism isn't something white men who designed a system meant to oppress anyone who isn't a rich white man (who exclusively had voting rights) wants to hear or see.

The whole android/dirty computer thing helps her stand out because again, it can be applied to relevant social causes.

Offending people doesn't mean you're offensive
MLK was nowhere near offensive but he offended a lot of people with his work. He got murdered for it.
She doesnt fit in a box? What does that even mean?
JM has only talked shyt to and about Black men publicly. Point me to where she specifically took white men to task.
Black feminism, in its current state, focuses all its rage on straight Black men. Keep that same energy for White Daddy.

FeverPitch2

Superstar
Daps
And I also wanted to respond to the comment that Janelle is only offensive to Black men. How exactly is Janelle offensive to Black men.

The more I read through the comments in this thread, the more it becomes apparent that

1) People are actually mad that Janelle is getting these looks and because they weren't laying attention, they are trying to rationalize their ignorance by saying she's a plant, a c00n, etc.

2) People that simply don't like Janelle are using this as an opportunity to bash her

She may not have been on your radar, but I don't remember anyone saying anything like this when she was performing at the Grammys in 2013 nor when she was there in 2011.
:why::russ::camby::umad:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Offending people doesn't mean you're offensive
MLK was nowhere near offensive but he offended a lot of people with his work. He got murdered for it.
She doesnt fit in a box? What does that even mean?
JM has only talked shyt to and about Black men publicly. Point me to where she specifically took white men to task.
Black feminism, in its current state, focuses all its rage on straight Black men. Keep that same energy for White

This is just one example of her taking white men to task:

Yeah, uh, yea, yea, yea, uh
Handcuffed in a bandeau
White boy in his sandals
Police like a Rambo
Blow it out, blow it out like a candle, Sambo
Me and you was friends, but to them, we the opposite
The same mistake, I'm in jail, you on top of shyt
You living life while I'm walking around moppin' shyt Tech kid, backpack, no, you a college kid

Black feminism isn't focusing its rage on Black men. That isn't even the focus of it. Part of that movement is asking men to do the same thing Malcolm X asked of Black men: treat our women with respect. He even went as far as saying the white man will die for his woman, but would we do the same for ours?

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
shyt crazy fam .

The arch android is such an amazing project .

These fukking losers don’t know good music .

I like the ratchet shyt like anyone else but I value really good music .

Say you’ll go by Janelle is one of my fav songs this decade .

It’s such a heartfelt love song :noah:.

This is also one of my fav songs by her ever !!!

@Insensitive you ever heard this it was on her demo .

Yup.
:smile:
2z4mlx0.png

:myman:

bewitched

Pro
Daps
I saw her perform as sn opening act for Erykah Badu maybe like 5-6 years ago when she was just starting out. She was prancing around the stage seemingly imitating James Brown and I remember her energy but I wasn't able to get into her music. I Like That is the only song that I've heard of hers that I really enjoy.