Other Japanese Pop & Indie Rock Official Thread

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Got two more to add to the set. :myman:

Production quality for Vaundy is really good. Track is about not being able to let go of your main chick, getting to the point of breaking up with her, but then being hooked back in.

(I only wish JPnese would take their music videos as seriously as their American, Latin, and even Korean counterparts. I know he was going for the vintage look , but execution could’ve been better.:francis:)

‘The second one is by LovelySummerChan. It’s a light hearted track about saying good bye to your old spot(and old memories) when you move to a new place. It’s like the mirror opposite of Ari Lennox’s “new apartment”.:russ:

202 was her literal apartment number, btw.

Last edited:

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
Got two more to add to the set. :myman:

Production quality for Vaundy is really good. Track is about not being able to let go of your main chick, getting to the point of breaking up with her, but then being hooked back in.

(I only wish JPnese would take their music videos as seriously as their American, Latin, and even Korean counterparts. I know he was going for the vintage look , but execution could’ve been better.:francis:)

‘The second one is by LovelySummerChan. It’s a light hearted track about saying good bye to your old spot(and old memories) when you move to a new place. It’s like the mirror opposite of Ari Lennox’s “new apartment”.:russ:

202 was her literal apartment number, btw.

Both of them are nice :ohlawd: Great songs to listen to while I'm drawing

I like the rap-like part of the 2nd one too. Don't know what she was saying precisely but it sounded like she was spitting lol. I would have never guessed it was about moving to a new place.

My apartment number used to be 202 as well :lupe:

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
We back in here!!! :blessed::blessed:

I got two more tracks to add to the collection. First one by twice, it was their most successful venture into the JPnese market. I must say, the main message here has got to be the most stereotypicaly Japanese phrase to have as your hook. I bet you somebody out there is doing overtime with this playing in the background…:russ:

I’m a little sad that they had to tone down their videography for Japan tho. TWICE ‘s home market obviously rips their music off of us, but hands down they got the best music videos outside of the US. :hubie:

Next. The second track is from a group that was really popping in JP last summer. Sakana Action makes good stuff. Really professional group with a nice discography. What really drew me to this track is their use of bongo(s) . I mean seriously. Who does that any more? And also makes it sound good as they do it too?:leon:

I recommend headphones for this one in particular to truly hear the bongo effect I’m talking about.…:whoa:

You can also see the stark difference in JPnese video standards when compared to the first one from twice. I don’t know how to describe it, but JPnese music videos are so stiff. They might even be a little pretentious with their “artsy”-ness.:beli:

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Dropping in one more. Love this track. So chill and laid back. Its by "awesome city club". Very creative group; but i will admit that their albums are a little hit or miss. But there are some gems in their discography.

Also at @Grand Conde this one is from 2021. They dropped the album in april

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
We back in here!!! :blessed::blessed:

I got two more tracks to add to the collection. First one by twice, it was their most successful venture into the JPnese market. I must say, the main message here has got to be the most stereotypicaly Japanese phrase to have as your hook. I bet you somebody out there is doing overtime with this playing in the background…:russ:

I’m a little sad that they had to tone down their videography for Japan tho. TWICE ‘s home market obviously rips their music off of us, but hands down they got the best music videos outside of the US. :hubie:

Next. The second track is from a group that was really popping in JP last summer. Sakana Action makes good stuff. Really professional group with a nice discography. What really drew me to this track is their use of bongo(s) . I mean seriously. Who does that any more? And also makes it sound good as they do it too?:leon:

I recommend headphones for this one in particular to truly hear the bongo effect I’m talking about.…:whoa:

You can also see the stark difference in JPnese video standards when compared to the first one from twice. I don’t know how to describe it, but JPnese music videos are so stiff. They might even be a little pretentious with their “artsy”-ness.:beli:

Dropping in one more. Love this track. So chill and laid back. Its by "awesome city club". Very creative group; but i will admit that their albums are a little hit or miss. But there are some gems in their discography.

Also at @Grand Conde this one is from 2021. They dropped the album in april

Nice contributions! The bongos sound good :leon:

I need to check out more of awesome city club too.

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Winter has me depressed. I was playing indigo la end's "natsu yo no magic", to recapture the vibes of warmer times. :mjcry:

But Then remembered this thread. Might as well add some contributions....

One more track by sakana action :whoo:

And my new favorite from polkadot stingray.... :wow:

Last edited: