Jarrett Hurd Lost What Happened?????

Sbp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
I'm big fan of boxing no where close to being an expert. I consider myself a casual so I stay in my lane. So I'm posing this question to all the real boxing heads on this forum. I thought Swift was in the upper tier of his division so what was it?

Was he not all the way there because his father passed?

Was he outta shape?

Did his reckless style catch up to him last night?

Or was Arias just the better fighter?

Chime in brehs

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I'm big fan of boxing no where close to being an expert. I consider myself a casual so I stay in my lane. So I'm posing this question to all the real boxing heads on this forum. I thought Swift was in the upper tier of his division so what was it?

Was he not all the way there because his father passed?

Was he outta shape?

Did his reckless style catch up to him last night?

Or was Arias just the better fighter?

Chime in brehs

His mental state because of his father passing might play a role but he also looked bad his last time out.

The biggest thing for Hurd is he seems to be struggling to find a boxing identity.

Hurd is known for being a big weight cutter/weight bully. He somehow makes weight well under the 154 limit. Then he rehydrates something crazy. His style has simply been to walk down and walk through his opponents until they get worn out from that and his power. Gift and a curse. Man has a hell of a resume at that weight but he was taking a lot of punishment. After the loss to J rock he took Kay Koroma as his trainer who tried to get him to box more.

His fight with Santana showed this and he didn't really look good or effective. Santana also was pretty shot so the fact this fight went the distance was not a good look.

This fight with Arias was a little different since it took place at 160 not 154 and Arias is a pretty durable fighter at 160. This exposes the reason why Hurd doesn't go up in weight. He loses his advantages. He also reportedly dropped 50 pounds to make the weight which is insane. but anyways he went back to his old style and Arias himself got a new trainer for this fight and got up for it. Arias was the better fighter that night. Arias doesnt have a lot of pop because he had the workrate to repeatedly blast Hurd with overhands over his shytty shoulder roll for 4-5 straight rounds. Hurd was pretty slow and when he did try to come on later, he also gassed like Arias gassed and he had no plan B. Arias was also rocking him a couple times late in the fight.

thats basically how it went down. After a loss like this, Hurd really has to sit down and re-evaluate himself as a fighter. He was not suppose to get into a slugfest with this guy and lose. It could also be the wars hes been in are also burning him out fast. He was calling out Jermell Charlo for a fight which could have been Charlo's next fight if he got all 4 belts. But that fight is done for the time being.

BOXINGGEMS

@MansaRhea On Instagram and Twitter
Daps
Reppin
MIA to ATL
When your chin/durability is your defense, it’s only a matter of time before the L’s come. He was a big 154 lber, who came forward and was hard to keep off you for 12 rounds. His style was coming forward and wearing you down while taking punishment.

As someone who has been around boxers before, one thing the fans take for granted is these fighters have to wake up in the morning and deal with them post fight headaches. The pain from being that type of fighter is probably unimaginable to the average person. From things Hurd has said on his IG, it sounds like he doesn’t want to keep taking punishment. So he’s in a weird space right now where he’s trying to make changes to his style but doesn’t have the skill set to be more than what he is.

Arias is a solid fighter who’s been in wars since the amateurs. He was conditioned and ready for a 12 round war. He has faster hands than Hurd, better boxing skills and enough power to not have Hurd walk through him.

Match that with Hurd being unfocused probably which is understandable, the Covid protocols making it hard for these fighters to prepare in their normal routine AND that he consistently blows up between fights....they probably spent more time getting him on weight than tactical work. He just wasn’t ready or prepared to win.

LiveFromLondon

Superstar
Daps
Just watched the fight and boy was eating over hand rights like crazy how he think he won is beyond me

What you think his true fighting weight is 175 or 168 ???
175 without cutting but 168 prolly his optimum but I don't think he mentally has it at either weights