Jason David Frank the original Green Ranger has passed away

Spence

Superstar
Daps
At least this new season coming out on Netflix is going to have all new original footage outside of the zord fights. It's also been rumored that this upcoming season is going to be the last using any sentai footage and everything else after is going to be all original and back to the OG (American) costumes.

I say American as the OG ones weren’t technically the first rangers lol.
So are they just rereleasing the episodes from mmpr with additional footage?

xCivicx

Archduke of Audits
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Because it was slapped together so quickly is what made the show so successful. Change that (and forcing us to buy new toys every year) probably would’ve made it not be as successful since they were CRANKING out the episodes back to back in the day.
It was basically a live action anime/manga

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
So are they just rereleasing the episodes from mmpr with additional footage?
Supposedly one of the Power Ranger projects Netflix is working on is a reboot of the franchise using the OG costumes and no more sentai footage. I can sort of believe the rumors with the villain of Cosmic Fury and members of the OG team (including the replacements) coming back for the 30 anniversary special. It all seems like one last hurrah and bringing everything full circle before the full on reboot.

Only problem with that is a lot of those old costumes and props have either been destroyed or badly damaged over the years, which isn't necessarily a bad thing as you mentioned how cheap the costumes and props used to be and kind of still are at times even on Netflix :mjlol:

Big Boda

My Family Are Not Immigrants.
Daps
Reppin
400 Year Survivors Of American Slavery.
being so self absorbed that you break the hearts of children and adults that looked up to you. erasing much of the positive impact you couldve left behind

90s super sentai actors would Never. My dude Burai still around thats the Real green ranger shoutout to Shiro Izumi for his R.I.P message.

98d25015eee962888ce36584c63763e681eab06d.gif

Spence

Superstar
Daps
Supposedly one of the Power Ranger projects Netflix is working on is a reboot of the franchise using the OG costumes and no more sentai footage. I can sort of believe the rumors with the villain of Cosmic Fury and members of the OG team (including the replacements) coming back for the 30 anniversary special. It all seems like one last hurrah and bringing everything full circle before the full on reboot.

Only problem with that is a lot of those old costumes and props have either been destroyed or badly damaged over the years, which isn't necessarily a bad thing as you mentioned how cheap the costumes and props used to be and kind of still are at times even on Netflix :mjlol:
Them spandex shyts can be made in a week by a amateur cosplayer :pachaha:
I’m sure the helmets are “around” and it’s not like those costumes were overly detailed or complicated.

If they are using the og cast to pass the torch I’m all for it (especially since ASJ is a fat ass who won’t be a believable ranger anymore :mjlol: ), Tommy won’t be there for the most important hand off though :mjcry:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Them spandex shyts can be made in a week by a amateur cosplayer :pachaha:
I’m sure the helmets are “around” and it’s not like those costumes were overly detailed or complicated.

If they are using the og cast to pass the torch I’m all for it (especially since ASJ is a fat ass who won’t be a believable ranger anymore :mjlol: ), Tommy won’t be there for the most important hand off though :mjcry:

ASJ actually came back for Beast Morphers, but more than likely he won’t be back on there again for obvious reasons :pachaha:

The Ranger costumes are rather easy to do, but the villain joints is a different story, which is why you had Goldar looking like a completely different character when he came back in Beast Morphers :mjlol:

According to JDF, some months before he passed away, he was retiring from the role which is why he was trying to do those Bat in the Sun projects to be more serious as an actor. His retirement and death does eventually bring up the question of who now carries the baton as the face of the franchise as ASJ who would have been the answer is too tarnished to come back.

Spence

Superstar
Daps
ASJ actually came back for Beast Morphers, but more than likely he won’t be back on there again for obvious reasons :pachaha:

The Ranger costumes are rather easy to do, but the villain joints is a different story, which is why you had Goldar looking like a completely different character when he came back in Beast Morphers :mjlol:

According to JDF, some months before he passed away, he was retiring from the role which is why he was trying to do those Bat in the Sun projects to be more serious as an actor. His retirement and death does eventually bring up the question of who now carries the baton as the face of the franchise as ASJ who would have been the answer is too tarnished to come back.
To be on message they will probably go the “inclusive” route and make it Billy :beli:

Amy doesn’t really fk with mmpr from what I can tell over the years, we all know it ain’t going to be Walter :francis:
Maybe JYB but I don’t think he’s the choice either.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
To be on message they will probably go the “inclusive” route and make it Billy :beli:

Amy doesn’t really fk with mmpr from what I can tell over the years, we all know it ain’t going to be Walter :francis:
Maybe JYB but I don’t think he’s the choice either.
In a way though, I kind of get it considering the fact that she doesn't want to be remembered just as Kimberly from Power Rangers, which is what happened with JDF. Later Ranger actors/actresses did buck the trend, but that OG team kind of did get typecasted into those roles and that's mainly what they're known for.

With that being said, at least she know acknowledge it somewhat over the years unlike Kira from Dino Thunder, who wants no part of that role every being mentioned.

boriquaking

In Sauce We Trust!
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Big Gete Star

They’re not going to reuse the sams

Goldar came back looking that way because of the Sentai. The one guy who looks like Zeltrax from Dino Thunder was Zeltrax in the Sentai movie, they’re all just powered up.

They get all the costumes from Aniki who is a prop maker and sells suits to regular customers online. But his shyt looks legit so all the reproductions come from him, I’m not mistaken he has a lot of helmets casted.

Spence

Superstar
Daps
In a way though, I kind of get it considering the fact that she doesn't want to be remembered just as Kimberly from Power Rangers, which is what happened with JDF. Later Ranger actors/actresses did buck the trend, but that OG team kind of did get typecasted into those roles and that's mainly what they're known for.

With that being said, at least she know acknowledge it somewhat over the years unlike Kira from Dino Thunder, who wants no part of that role every being mentioned.
Fk being remember as “just the pink Ranger” and go get the fkn bag :heh:

It’s not like she’s headed toward fkn Oscar territory:beli:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
They’re not going to reuse the sams

Goldar came back looking that way because of the Sentai. The one guy who looks like Zeltrax from Dino Thunder was Zeltrax in the Sentai movie, they’re all just powered up.

They get all the costumes from Aniki who is a prop maker and sells suits to regular customers online. But his shyt looks legit so all the reproductions come from him, I’m not mistaken he has a lot of helmets casted.
They have reused helmets a couple of times namely SPD and repainting the in space ones and I believe the one that looked like Time Force as well. Also in Ninja Steel, some of the villains in the arena crowd were old costumes used as filler. It doesn't happen often especially with a lot of the old props and such either damaged or were thrown away

It's been said by a lot of the actors over the years that Saban was strict in not letting them keep props so a lot of their helmets they carry around to conventions might have came from Aniki or other people who makes those props.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Fk being remember as “just the pink Ranger” and go get the fkn bag :heh:

It’s not like she’s headed toward fkn Oscar territory:beli:
It's why I never believed JDF when he said he was retiring from the role as that convention money is too good to turn it down even with the other projects he wanted to do. The Power Rangers stigma and it being a hinderance on your career was over long ago, yet for some reason some of them still use it as an excuse as to why their career never panned out.