Jay Pharoah Performs In-Studio Concert As Jay-Z, Lil Wayne and Eddie Murphy on Sway

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I remember seeing his vids in 2010 of impressions and seeing that he was about to join SNL and being really excited, thinking he was the future of black comedic excellence:gladbron:
His Hov, Denzel, Will Smith and Eddie were on point, even his Kanye.:pachaha:

....turns out all he could do is impressions and not much else so he was limited. :francis:

He should have been able to piviot those impressions to make his own characters inspired like Hader or McKinnon could

Ethnic Cleansing

Fucc Slobks and Crabks
Daps
I remember seeing his vids in 2010 of impressions and seeing that he was about to join SNL and being really excited, thinking he was the future of black comedic excellence:gladbron:
His Hov, Denzel, Will Smith and Eddie were on point, even his Kanye.:pachaha:

....turns out all he could do is impressions and not much else so he was limited. :francis:

He should have been able to piviot those impressions to make his own characters inspired like Hader or McKinnon could
This is my exact sentiment towards Affion Crockett.

He peaked getting a mid-season replacement variety show on Fox. That shyt flopped, and he hasn't been seen ever since.

There seems to be a limited ceiling on black impressionest. They seem to only be a novelty act

:francis:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
If I could do dead on impressions I’d never do my impressions.

Feels like you’re trapped and the only person people want you to be when you’re around is other people :russ:
or learn some new ones.... this guy and aaron whatever the fukk, doing the same 4 impressions for 20 years. you know that shyt gotta be hard. regular comedians switch up the jokes at the next tour... these dudes still doing jay-z and dmx foreeeeeeeeeeeeever

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Yeah. I liked him in that shyt. (dope flik imo BTW).
But that fukkin White Famous bullshyt show he did on Showtime.
:camby:

i thought white famous was doe, its was a diet version of californiacation, i think it ended too soon

or learn some new ones.... this guy and aaron whatever the fukk, doing the same 4 impressions for 20 years. you know that shyt gotta be hard. regular comedians switch up the jokes at the next tour... these dudes still doing jay-z and dmx foreeeeeeeeeeeeever

he does all the new dudes like drake ( not new but no one else does him) he did all the famous black people on snl.. I think his problem is is standup is weak, he needs to learn how to act and stick to just trying to be the funny guy in movies